Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:15 PM   #1

I've been so blown away by the macro shot that have been posted here by willow, nzmacro and others that I've decided to purchase the Nikon 6t. I have the Phayee adapter on order.

Now to my question.
How close to the subject do I need to be in order to get a really good shot?
I shot this (not a great pic but serves to make my point)with my FZ20 at about 35 to 50mm (1.5 to 2.0 inches). Now the lighting was bad, and having to get this close restricted the light even more and I even managed to get my lens wet.

Would I be able to stay at least a few inches, say 6, from the subject and still get good focus with the 6t.

Thanks for any hands-on information.
Attached Images

Jaynah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:44 PM   #2

with the 6T on a Phayee adapter, you can shoot at full 12x zoom from about 10-12" away, and get a better, closer image than the camera alone in macro mode.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 12:09 PM   #3

Yes , from the posts I have read it should be 20-25 cm of distance and up to 12x zoom.

Your pic is in fact OOF.
I must buy this lens/filter too.

I will also try it on the normal Panasonic Hood and 72-62 step down ring to see if it vignettes and if the flash is shaded by the longer (than Phayee or Pemeral) Pana adapter

Franz
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 12:10 PM   #4

I have a 67 - 52mm stepdown ring.. And the vignetting occurs from 0 - 4x zoom. Past 4x zoom -> no problemo
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 12:38 PM   #5

Thank you Tim, de Velde.

It should also be checked if the IQ degradates, for it is always better to have the macro lens as close as possible to the Leica one, which is better with non Pana shorter adapters.

In a couple of strong sun-light shots I have had strange circular glarings on the pics, owing to the distance of the UV filter mounted on the Pana adapter.

FR
Old Jan 28, 2005, 1:30 PM   #6

Narmer..If you want to get close...12x and you will see its not how far away do you need to be its all about focal point !!!!...I shoot most of my macros in M/F..its tricky at times but very challenging......:G
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 1:51 PM   #7

thanks Willow1

is FZ10-20 usable at around F5,6 without flash and without direct sunlight on the flower or bug?

I think that DOF (apart from the sheer cam performance, which as it's known is better around F4,5-5,6) should be acceptably large at that F with 12x, say around 5cm or more, at least at F8.

Is it possible to achieve decent Shutter speeds without flash in these conditions?

Francesco