Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:01 AM   #1

Hello to all:

1) I do not use continuous AF to save precious battery (I still don't have a 2nd one).
In Canon G6 I know for sure that this feature, when disabled, provides much faster but also less sharp focus. Do you experiment anything similar with FZ3-10-15-20?
Is there any non-action shots (or moving animals/objects) in which CAF may be needed?

2) Any problem using the 256 Ultra II SD as a medium to pass files from a Portable PC to a PC Hard Disk (insead of using pen drives or external drives, and storing the files in the MISC dir)?

3) Have you ever used Panorama Maker 3 for landscape compositions in the square (puzzle like, 4x4 frames) modality ?
The Arc soft program has a poor Help but after doing some tests, I found it extremely better than Canon's Photo Stitch.
PM3 also allows you to easily move the control points whether the Auto result is not right.
Used the aforementioned mode with 3 images shot with a Canon A300, 2 side by side and one above, the latter not shot for purpose: the prog stitched them in a great way.
Also in other (Horizontal)stitchs I did with Canon's software, PM3 provided better results, with invisible edge frames lines and soft changes of colors/exposition.

The 4x4 side by side mode could provide a giant image of 80 MEGA PIXELS (5Mp x 16) up to c. 10.000 x 8.000 pixels !!! !!! !!!
Any experiment with this (obviously shooting at distant objects with a little, say 2-3x zoom to abolish the Wide angle distortion) ?

Francesco

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:42 AM   #2

Any interested/reply ?

Is there anybody at home?
Old Jan 29, 2005, 8:17 AM   #3

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Hello to all:

The 4x4 side by side mode could provide a giant image of 80 MEGA PIXELS (5Mp x 16) up to c. 10.000 x 8.000 pixels !!! !!! !!!
Any experiment with this (obviously shooting at distant objects with a little, say 2-3x zoom to abolish the Wide angle distortion) ?

Francesco

How about a 1 gigapixel image. Have not used Panorama Maker 3 but I have been using the same software (PTAssembler) thatcreated the gigapixel image. It is not simple to use but gives great results. The program gives great control over how the images are stitched together in a multi row multi column image. I don't have any association with the guy that created the software just passing on something I think works well. The software is not free but not that expensive either.

jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 9:08 AM   #4

Thank you jer1ivp.

By Coincidence I have installed yesterday these programs(and also some freeware stuff made by Max) although I had already downloaded Panorama Tools and PTA weeks ago.

It seems difficult, but the basic functions are not hard to achieve with the continuous help wizard provided at each one of the 5 steps. Really powerful.

I know that after 30 days PTAssembler (ver. 2,5 and 3) has some limitations in file number and size.
Do you know more precisely how they are limited after the expiration occurs?

(I also have Autostitch which seems unlimited although only saves in jpg).
Old Jan 29, 2005, 5:44 PM   #5

http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/gigapixel.htm

WOW go look at it.

I use canon photostitch its great for linear panorams.
tried a few other demos some are hard to use.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v307/b...%20landscapes/

3 panorams here the very long one has wide angle distortion

btw Narmer there is a forum for Panorams
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 9:34 PM   #6

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Thank you jer1ivp.

By Coincidence I have installed yesterday these programs (and also some freeware stuff made by Max) although I had already downloaded Panorama Tools and PTA weeks ago.

It seems difficult, but the basic functions are not hard to achieve with the continuous help wizard provided at each one of the 5 steps. Really powerful.

I know that after 30 days PTAssembler (ver. 2,5 and 3) has some limitations in file number and size.
Do you know more precisely how they are limited after the expiration occurs?

(I also have Autostitch which seems unlimited although only saves in jpg).
Your welcome Narmer,

I find the wizard helpful also. Max also has a forum with a section for PTAssembler. By reading through the previous post there I have found answers to the questions the wizard has not helped enough with.

As far as the limitations go I am not aware of what they will be. I registered version 2.5 in early December. When version 3.0 came out in January the 2.5 registered users got the update for free. Which I found reallygood of Max to do. So the two versions I have used had not gone into the limited mode.
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote