Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:18 AM   #1

Well fellow forumites, it has just been so cold here that in the past 2weeks, it has only gotten above the ZERO mark three times. I don't want to drag the little goat outside to take pictures of him, but he is doing well. Our poor rosters that have the big proud combs and wattles are taking it quite literally on "the chin" they are suffering from frost bite and I think many of them will lose part of their combs. Sigh.

I just wish this arctic air would swing away from us and let some normal temperatures (like 31F) come around for a while. At night the temps have been consistantly -20F with no windchill factored in. Can everyone turn towards upstate New York and blow some warm air our way? Thanks all.
GnomonMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:43 AM   #2

hang in there GM.....Its going to be in the mid 70's to day here in Florida and i will try to blow...my next doors neighbors brains out if he says to me again " well weather man says low 50's expected to night...and I thought that was cold !!!! But - 20..you poor fella......maybe I can pipe some warmer air in to ya :G

just joking about killing thy Neighbor:evil:
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 11:52 AM   #3
ejm

Sorry to hear about the low 50's at night. You're lucky that's our highs here on Vancouver Island but still not bad for Canada:G.

I grew up in the North West Territories so New York has my sympathy. We had it rough at the beginning of the month. I went over two weeks without golf.

Regards

EJM
ejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 12:09 PM   #4

I farted your way :G
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 1:42 PM   #5

Thanks Tim, hopefully the butterfly effect will not cause a noreaster!
Old Jan 28, 2005, 1:53 PM   #6

Thought I smelled something.....................
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 3:43 PM   #7

God bless ya, man. It's colder'n a witches t-t down here in Philly, knee deep in snow. Can only imagine what it must be like in uppstate NY.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:38 PM   #8

Well..., I`m glad I stopped in here at the website and got the weather report. Tommorrow night this Miami guy flies off to Connecticut for 2 weeks of company related training. Tomorrow afternoon I`ll run out and buy me a sweater. When Iget back, it`s FZ 20, and relatedgear, ordering time! WOOHOO!
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 7:31 PM   #9
RDV

Glad your goats ok. I spent a couple of months in Watertown a few years back in the winter and wondered why folks would live there. Went back in the spring and found out why. Beautiful country. Can't seen nothing warm from GA. We are having an ice storm today. Hope the power lines don't break!
RDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 7:34 PM   #10

Actually, I think the southern folks get hit way harder when the cold dips down to them. Infrastructure now equipped for it, people can't drive that well in it (no snow tires etc.) crops suffer along with the local stores.