Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:12 PM   #31

nooner wrote:
Quote:
Looks like you're havin' fun boyzo. There are some cool actions on that site and they're free on top of that. Tim's sharpening idea could be written as action too. Maybe I'll do that...........................:idea: Dave's sharpening
Hey nice Roses and garden looks lovely, don' look like mongolia to me :roll:
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:15 PM   #32

nooner wrote:
Quote:
Try Daves Sharpening. It does it all and you wind up with a copy so the original is untouched.:arrow::arrow::arrow:
Oh yeah ................I'm using PS7
ok will do

Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:50 PM   #33

nooner wrote:
Quote:
Try Daves Sharpening. It does it all and you wind up with a copy so the original is untouched.:arrow::arrow::arrow:
Oh yeah ................I'm using PS7
It works nicely, does the copy save.

San Fran GG bridge sharpened 12x zoom FZ1.
Attached Images

Old Jan 31, 2005, 9:04 PM   #34

Forgot to resesize, look at the handrails around the massive concrete caisson's these are ~ 1 meter 4 ft high so a man is 5mm high on this image....

look look at the mobile travelling module to check and or paint the structure ... its on LHS of pic on the side of the massive roadway z beam... man what engineering... takes your breath away .... the main suspension cable are multi strand enclosed in 3ft dia. flanged jointed pipes for corrosion protection ... then you have the vertical stringers...
gracefull design.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:36 AM   #35

You can make an action out of my sharpening technique, but every picture has its own colors and patterns.First I have to choose between red/green or blue, and after that the amount of sharpening.

The sharpening scripts work pretty ok too, but I rather have more control over it myself by watching the unsharp mask window.

It's nice of you to post some pictures, but I can't see any difference because the originals aren't posted :G

greets,

Tim
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 4:30 PM   #36

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
You can make an action out of my sharpening technique, but every picture has its own colors and patterns. First I have to choose between red/green or blue, and after that the amount of sharpening.

The sharpening scripts work pretty ok too, but I rather have more control over it myself by watching the unsharp mask window.

It's nice of you to post some pictures, but I can't see any difference because the originals aren't posted :G

greets,

Tim
Eh yes Tim only my Timber garage has before and after, my other pics were sharpened and I made comment only did not post originals.
With 56k dialup posting is slow.

I like dave's action sharpener you can choose color it stops for that you can also set black levels as well as usm degree.
I find some well saturated shots only gain a little .... in sharpness.

Tim if you did an action am sure we would all appreciate it.

Cheers

John
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:10 AM   #37

A technique I learned was to convert to lab color and sharpen the lightness channel, then convert back to rgb.
BoaRd bRYce is offline   Reply With Quote