Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 30, 2005, 8:31 PM   #1

Just thought I'd try my hand at posting an attachment & see if it works.

Taken with FZ20 in full auto with my old Sony VCL-0758A (X07, 58mm mount)conversion lens attached to the Raynox RT5264P adapter, from the front fence, which is about 20 feet from the house.

Stats: 1/1300 @ f4, ISO80, full wide angle, Landscape mode

Image has had brightness & contrast tweaked a bit, & size reduced,no other changes.

As you can see there's a lot of vignetting at full wide, plus color fringing round the lens edge, which I guess is to be expected, but no obvious barrel distortion.

The conversion lens was sold in the mid eighties for Sony's earliest colour camcorder and weighs more than the FZ20.
Attached Images

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2005, 8:38 PM   #2

Thanks for posting. I ordered a WA converter recently (waiting for it to arrive, "problem" with order. Grrrrrrrr: evil, the Raynox DCR 6600 (X.66). You don't see many folks use the WA's but I think I will make more use out of it than the telecoverter I have. Good for cramped quarters indoors (though you do need an external flash...) and landscapes. Do you really gain much after you crop out the vignetting? The Raynox will vignette with the FZ-1, not sure how much.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 8:41 PM   #3

And here's a view from my back doorstep:

Stats: [email protected]/400, 6.8 zoom, ISO 100, full auto mode, Marumi circular polarizer (t'was hot & the sky looked manacing.)
Attached Images

Old Jan 30, 2005, 8:47 PM   #4

NickTrop:
I really haven't looked -- must do that.

If I crop most of the vignetting and fix just a little bit of the top RH corner in PS, it leaves the full house.

Edit: Just went out & tried that -- the standard lens from the same position can't get the whole house in.

To duplicate the crop I'd have to move back quite a distance -- didn't try it, the road's a bit busy right now!
Old Jan 30, 2005, 9:26 PM   #5

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for posting. I ordered a WA converter recently (waiting for it to arrive, "problem" with order. Grrrrrrrr: evil, the Raynox DCR 6600 (X.66). You don't see many folks use the WA's but I think I will make more use out of it than the telecoverter I have. Good for cramped quarters indoors (though you do need an external flash...) and landscapes. Do you really gain much after you crop out the vignetting? The Raynox will vignette with the FZ-1, not sure how much.
Hi Aussie

nice pic neat garden.
older inner suburb...

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 9:31 PM   #6

Idle wrote:
Quote:
And here's a view from my back doorstep:

Stats: [email protected]/400, 6.8 zoom, ISO 100, full auto mode, Marumi circular polarizer (t'was hot & the sky looked manacing.)
Nice yard
Hills cloths hoist... looks familiar.
Hot yep today will be
Old Jan 30, 2005, 9:34 PM   #7

both look ultra compressed (full of jpg artifacts) to me although I like the secon pic's color
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 9:35 PM   #8

Wide angle... ?
Panoram can do it too..
My dear mothers street... Glen Waverley.
FZ1
Attached Images

Old Jan 30, 2005, 9:47 PM   #9

boyzo wrote:
Quote:
Wide angle... ?
Panoram can do it too..
My dear mothers street... Glen Waverley.
FZ1
Very nice one, Boyzo. I need to get to know my panorama software better. Tried it a few times but they were off. Yes, this has it all over a WA converter for certain situations. I'm getting the WA for cramped indoor quarters (neet an external flash though, m8t), and for when I don't have time to set up a panorama shot. Should also come in handy with street snaps.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2005, 10:04 PM   #10

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
both look ultra compressed (full of jpg artifacts) to me although I like the secon pic's color
How would they not be?

Original JPGs were over 2MB (didn't take them with the idea of posting here) -- limit for attachments is 244K.

Besides, I'm not that clued in on reducing pix, more likely to enlarge them, plus I usually work with TIFF or PSD.