Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:41 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,720
Default

still foolin' with the 6T... the first was shot in aperture mode, f8, manual focus, with a diffused flash. the last two were shot without the flash, using a light mounted on the wall above the work table the subject was on...







the more i mess with this 6T lens, the more impressed i am with it! it's a natural for the FZ20!!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2005, 1:17 AM   #2
Mag
Senior Member
 
Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 734
Default

Very cool squirl, i especially like the 1st one.

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 2:09 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
indiawala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 403
Default

Hey squirl...nice shots indeed. I liked #3 too. The nikon 6T...how do you like it and if i was in the market what price should i pay you think?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 2:24 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,720
Default

indiawala wrote:
[quote]Hey squirl...nice shots indeed.* I liked #3 too. The nikon 6T...how do you like it and if i was in the market what price should i pay you think?*

i got mine from B&H Photo for $46.95 plus shipping... well worth it! it's a great lens, and although i've only had it a short time, i can tell it's gonna be a blast when warmer weather brings out the flowers and bugs! right now, here in western WA, it's all gray an' drippy, and there's very little worthy of a close-up shot outside (which is why i've been experimenting with circuit boards and pennies!! LOL!), but come spring that will change, and i expect to have some nice macros to post...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 7:06 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 549
Default

nice shots. I get the bordem thing...I actually cleaned closets today! I see three of the 6T on eBay. Any reason to not look at them there? joe
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 7:14 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
indiawala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 403
Default

Hey Squirl, thanks for the reply and advice. Unfortunately I am using the Raynox 52mm adaptor and therefore the lens for me are either the 3T or 4T. Any advice from any users as to which I should go for. Also...are these just as good as the 6T?

I found a couple of these on Ebay as well, like shotgun said earlier, even the 6T can be found for about $25...lol...just dont' know if i should trust them. But thanks everyone for any input

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:01 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,720
Default

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
nice shots. I get the bordem thing...I actually cleaned closets today! I see three of the 6T on eBay. Any reason to not look at them there? joe
not at all, if they're new. i'd be a little leery of a used one, just because you don't know how well the previous owner took care of it...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,720
Default

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
Hey Squirl, thanks for the reply and advice. Unfortunately I am using the Raynox 52mm adaptor and therefore the lens for me are either the 3T or 4T. Any advice from any users as to which I should go for. Also...are these just as good as the 6T?

I found a couple of these on Ebay as well, like shotgun said earlier, even the 6T can be found for about $25...lol...just dont' know if i should trust them. But thanks everyone for any input

seth
as far as i can tell, the 3T and 4t are the same lenses as the 5T and 6T, just smaller diameter. which one to buy? up to you, just remember the 3T is 1.5 diopter and the 4T is 2.9, so you'll get more close-up effect from the 4T.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:18 PM.