Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 31, 2005, 3:24 PM   #1

I'm just a wee bit curious whether anybody here on the forum has a Pana LC1 ? If we do, it would be nice to see a few pics too and your opinions on the camera.

Bye the way, I've been wondering whether Panasonic would pair up the LC1's larger 2/3 CCD with the FZ10/15/20 lens for the next FZ when its due.

Harj

:|

PS. On another note, B&W photography is something else. Here's a pic of a bridge in Portland Oregon, just off the embankment i took a few weeks ago.
Attached Images

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2005, 5:03 PM   #2

Harj in Aus the LC1 is RR $2499. this has full alloy metal body and all manual with AE too, heavy.

Its had great reviews.

As for the 2/3 LC1 CCD in future FZXX's it would mean larger
dia glass to maintain f2.8 35 to 430mm.

The FZ20 is quite large already, so they must (PANA) be working hard to comeup with something to maintain the optical superiority, lens speed and higher megapixal, low noise, etc.

in FZ20 size.
A 7MP FZXX would be large with 35-430 f2.8 zoom.

I think the FZ1 is still the gem.... so light and quick, so I think we will see a FZ3 as a FZ5 with Manual focus higher Megapixals TIFF still f2.8 35 - 430.
Manual focus is a must.... better EVF too.

Good shot B&W is back in vogue...

Cheers...
John
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 5:09 PM   #3

John

Ouch, $2400 for the LC1, i'd hate to see how much Leica would be selling the Digilux 2 ! Over here in the Uk the LC1's about £800, nearly double the FZ20.

I had a look at the FZ3 the other day and it felt even better to hold than my FZ10. I have to agree with you on the manual focus and I seriously hope they fix EVF and LCD so they gain up in low light.

Anything I could do to improve that shot ?

Harj
Old Jan 31, 2005, 5:29 PM   #4

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
John

Ouch, $2400 for the LC1, i'd hate to see how much Leica would be selling the Digilux 2 ! Over here in the Uk the LC1's about £800, nearly double the FZ20.

I had a look at the FZ3 the other day and it felt even better to hold than my FZ10. I have to agree with you on the manual focus and I seriously hope they fix EVF and LCD so they gain up in low light.

Anything I could do to improve that shot ?

Harj
Yes lower viewpoint less sky above the bridge tower keep tower vert if poss, I often crouch down real low or lie on stomach ground permiting to get viewpoint, I that PIC the walkway can be used to lead eye into the picture with the bridge to one side ... heck thats in Origon CA yes.
Go back LOL TRY again also go to SF the GG bridge is awasome ;-)
Hope comments help just how I feel...
Cheers
John
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 5:43 PM   #5

John

Thanks for the advise .. I'll be going straight back asap to retake the shots and to the GG bridge! If only ... <big sigh.. slaps forehead to wake up>

Harj

:?