Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 21, 2005, 7:14 PM   #11

smac wrote:
Quote:
Gerry,
I ordered mine from B&H Photo in NY.
As for "is it really that good" All I can say is I am extremely happy with the lens. It only has one drawback. It isn't threaded on the end so it can't take filters. Unless you want to get real creative. I don't really see that as a big problem for me. I have always been a cap off to take the picture and then cap back on kind of guy. I have never had any problems with lens scratches. "Knock on Wood." I do, however, really love the fact that it will hold f2.8 throughout the entire zoom range. That's a very nice advantage. I hope this helps, and good luck.
You can check out some of my pictures with the lens on this forum and the Wildlife forum to see what you think.
smac

Thanks for the reply! The cheapest place that I can find for the lens is VideoDirect in Florida but i have not heard much about them one way or the other. Everywhere else is purely retail $499. Oh well- decisions,decisions,decisions..... Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 8:55 PM   #12

ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! The cheapest place that I can find for the lens is VideoDirect in Florida but i have not heard much about them one way or the other. Everywhere else is purely retail $499. Oh well- decisions,decisions,decisions..... Gerry
Gerry I considered them as well. I went to ResellerRatings.com and checked them out. They seem to have a decent rating but at the time they were out of stock for about 2-3 weeks. So, I went with B&H because I have bought from them before. Good Outfit.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:11 PM   #13

Smac-beautiful-esp.for first pic! Was that a hand-held, tripod, monopod or two personal assistants holding all?
Very, very nice.
picsgalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 4:51 AM   #14

GGW2000 I got mine through Video Direct. Ordered by phone and got the item in great shape in less time than they said it would take. This is a really great lens.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2005, 2:35 PM   #15

ImKayd1 wrote:
Quote:
GGW2000 I got mine through Video Direct. Ordered by phone and got the item in great shape in less time than they said it would take. This is a really great lens.

Suzan

Thanks for the response, now I have to choose between the Raynox 1540pro and the LTZ10. I will call VideoDirect (not order on their website) if i decide on the Pana. Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 4:17 AM   #16

To smac:

Any chance putting up some more pics taken with the Panasonic DMW-LTZ10.

The waiting is agonizing>

Got to wait another 3 weeks before I get mine and would love to see some more pics.

Thanks heaps

JandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 4:42 PM   #17

Bumped up.
JandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 7:37 PM   #18

i have had the tele lens for about 6months now,bought it directly from panasonic web site .its a great lens, iam happy i got instead of any others.even the digatal tele on this lens is great it has a little noise ,but that dosent bother me, and its digatal magnification is awesome,although the more you magnify the harder it is to hold steady,but thats with all tele lens ,if i remember correctly the digatal tele goes to 1600 ml.if you take a shot of the moon its like the moon is right in front of you!!!!!!!
bodybybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 9:01 PM   #19

JandG wrote:
Quote:
To smac:
Any chance putting up some more pics taken with the Panasonic DMW-LTZ10.
The waiting is agonizing>
Got to wait another 3 weeks before I get mine and would love to see some more pics.

Thanks heaps
Sorry JandG I haven't been ignoring you just busy. I would be happy to post more shots. Do you have anything in mind. I have taken so many I can't remember what I have and haven't posted. I wish I had a site I could direct you to rather than load down this site with repeat posts. Anybody know of a good free or low cost site for posting pictures.
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:54 PM   #20

Hey Smac,

I just read an article in Maximum PC (February 2005)where they reviewed the top online galleries. Smug Mug was their favorite but it costs $30.00 per year minimum. Their favorite free galleries were Yahoo! and Ofoto. You may want to drop by a news stand and check it out.

Best regards,

JED
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote