Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 31, 2005, 6:48 PM   #1

I hope to soon be able to get good close ups of wildlife like the shot below without having to be within 10ft. I just ordered the Panasonic DMW LTZ10 teleconverter from B&H. They just got them back in stock. After doing endless hours of research and comparing I decided that it didn't make any sense to put inferior glass in front of such a tremendous lens. Besides, even with the LTZ10 attached you still get f2.8 all the way from 432mm-648mm. That's got to be worth something. And since my Birthday is this month I figure I can subsidize some of the coast with B-day money. Anyway with any luck it should be here in time for the weekend. I will post some pics and let you know of my impressions.

Cheers all,
smac

Last edited by smac; Jan 30, 2014 at 12:45 AM.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2005, 7:10 PM   #2

you are so right smac...can't wait i'm saving my lunch money..every day for my upgrade...
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 7:25 PM   #3

smac...............you're just tryin' to make the rest of us poor people jealous:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::arrow:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 7:53 PM   #4

Hey, I have been working really hard to earn the money for this lens. Do you know how many small children and old people you have trick to get that kind of money?
Boy, between all the snotty noses and flailing canes I have suffered through I hope it's worth it.

smac
Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:10 PM   #5

Sorry dude.......................I feel your pain
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:57 PM   #6

i have had the panosonic tele lens for about four months now,i love it
bodybybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:16 AM   #7

Congrats, you will be glad you bought the pana.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 2:13 AM   #8

I have put a deposit down for the Pana DMW-LTZ10 tele-converter today.

Should get it in 2-3 weeks.

Will post pics when available.

Cheers
JandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:31 PM   #9

smac wrote:
Quote:
Hey, I have been working really hard to earn the money for this lens. Do you know how many small children and old people you have trick to get that kind of money?
Boy, between all the snotty noses and flailing canes I have suffered through I hope it's worth it.

smac

SMAC, were did you order your LTZ10 from if I can ask? I am really up in the air asto the price of this lens.I can buy a tele/WA/macro/adapter/hoods/etc.. for just the price of this one item. Is it really that good? Inquiring minds want to know :-).

Thanks, Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 5:51 PM   #10

Gerry,
I ordered mine from B&H Photo in NY.
As for "is it really that good" All I can say is I am extremely happy with the lens. It only has one drawback. It isn't threaded on the end so it can't take filters. Unless you want to get real creative. I don't really see that as a big problem for me. I have always been a cap off to take the picture and then cap back on kind of guy. I have never had any problems with lens scratches. "Knock on Wood." I do, however, really love the fact that it will hold f2.8 throughout the entire zoom range. That's a very nice advantage. I hope this helps, and good luck.
You can check out some of my pictures with the lens on this forum and the Wildlife forum to see what you think.
smac