Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 2, 2005, 7:47 PM   #11

nooner wrote:
Quote:
I thought you weren't supposed to sell stuff in this forum.I am not sell.

I am not selling I am poling. Selling is a discussion that results in a purchase of a product. I do not have a product now; I do not have a price now. Which is more of a sell, a discussion about a future product or 10 people telling the eleventhyou have to go to this link and buy this item. [/quote]

playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:18 PM   #12
RDV

Playlong gave this link to show vignetting with a tele converter lens at 4x zoom. http://www.pemaraal.com/compare7.html

I have the Raynox 52mm and the phayee 62mm adapter, step up to 55mm and step down 55mm rings to use with an oly B-300. I have the same amount of vignetting with both. Most folks don't buy a tele lens to shoot wide angle shots. The FZ20 with the tele converter turned on will not allow you to zoom to less than 6x and some lens will cause vignetting at 6x.

http://www.pbase.com/10kzoomfz/telec...er_comparisons
RDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:33 AM   #13

Okay, this finally made up my mind. The Raynox it is. I am, however, also thinking about getting the Coolfix adaptor that basically adds threads to the barrel. It's only good for attaching filters, but I just want it for vacations where I do lots of walking and don't really to carry anything larger than what have right now. The Raynox will add some unwanted length (even though it is not that much) to the camera and I'd have to get a larger bag to accommodate it

Here's the link in case anybody hasn't seen this one.

http://www.nextphoto.net/FZ20.htm

Thanks, everyone.

mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:33 AM   #14

The security of knowing that the Leica lens and extension housing are well protected from dust,fingers and bumps makes keeping the raynox adapter and uv filter on at all times well worth the added length, IMO.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 1:03 PM   #15

Good point. Looks like I willhave to get a slightly larger bag after all. I can always use the smaller one for the charger and cables. Those always stay in the room anyway. No sense in carrying them around.

I guess I'll pick up the Raynox adaptor by itself and then getUVand polarizer filters singly. (The Raynox doesn't come with a UV filter). Any recommendations on specific brand/models filters that are still relatively inexpensive. With the extra cost of the adaptor, yet another bag, the lenses, the memory card, extra batter, etc., my wife is about to shoot me and bury the damned camera with me.

Oh, while we're on recommendations, any ideas on decent straps? I went out last Sunday and kept it on for a good 5 hours.The strap the camera comes with just about cut through my neck. It's extremely rough.

Thanks to everyone for all of your recommendations and assistance. I'm relatively new to cameras with this much flexibility and I'm trying to learn as much asI can.

Old Feb 3, 2005, 1:38 PM   #16

I'd go ahead and get the kit for $50. I haven't heard of any problems with that multicoated filter or the polarizer.Each of those would cost ~$20 a piece, so you'ld be saving a little there. Furthermore, you get a lens cap which would run another $5 or so. All in one package saves on shipping. Sorry, I can't help on the strap.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 2:01 PM   #17

Here's a strap I have. I like it.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=112416&is=REG
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 3:06 PM   #18

Ahh.. I' saw that strap last night at Ritz for $4. Same make. Must have been a closeout. They had both a smooth leather one and a suede model. I'll have to pick one up on the way home tonight.

Thanks, all.

Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:15 PM   #19

Hey Playlong,

How much extra isit without the ugly machining marks on the cone?

Or

If it's intentional how much less is thenon-serrated model?

HardenReddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 7:45 PM   #20

Thanks again, everyone, for the insight. I actually ordered the Raynox, but then cancelled the order because I liked the idea of the Phayee having the additional threads at the end for a hood. I didn't want to have to spend money twice.

I wrote Ronjin an email about ordering and he never replied. I went on ebay and ordered it, but couldn't complete the transaction via Paypal because Ronjin needs to adjust the invoice as I picked up the lens cap and a Hoya UV filter on the same order. No reply back. Even though everyone raves about this guy, I'm starting to have doubts about the level of customer service. I wanted to get this thing before I go on vacation next month. At this rate, I'm not sure I will.

There is a Pro-Technica tube on ebay that looks like an exact copy of the Phayee tube. If I don't hear anything back from Ronjin by Saturday, that may be the way to go. I figure a week is more than enough time to expect a response.