Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 9, 2005, 8:17 PM   #21

HardenReddy wrote:
Quote:
Hey Playlong,

How much extra isit without the ugly machining marks on the cone?

Or

If it's intentional how much less is thenon-serrated model?
This is a prototype, if you want the one with the ugly machining marks on the cone I will makeyou one.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 8:22 PM   #22

mtritt, I also have been having a few problems getting thru to Rong Jin, I have just realised that it is the New Year week there, up until last week Rong was always very very quick in his replies....and was abloody site quicker than most retail outlets here in Australia

Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:23 PM   #23

After thouroughly researching the topic I have determined that the correct size is 59.375mm (too bad no one makes any adapter or lens/filter this size). Of course if there is a full moon, leap year or Tuesday then all bets are off.

On a more serious note, I chose the Phayee because it seemed to offer a bit more versatility than the others. When I looked at several side by side comparisons vignetting seemed to be less prevalent with larger lenses. Not sue of the exact specs for the Pana lens but it appears closer to 62mm than 52mm
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 8:49 PM   #24
jcr

I also had problems with Rong Jin not answering emails for 3 days, but today we exchanged some very quickly. So keep faith...I can tell you that he is out of stock for the Hoya S-HMC Pro-1 until the end of the month....if it was that you were expecting...:sad:me too
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 7:45 AM   #25

Hazzarbone wrote:
Quote:
mtritt, I also have been having a few problems getting thru to Rong Jin, I have just realised that it is the New Year week there, up until last week Rong was always very very quick in his replies....and was abloody site quicker than most retail outlets here in Australia

Hazz
Actually, yes, it is the Lunar New Year, but it just started on Feb 9. I did finally hear back from him. I believe the issue is:

1) the email address posted on this board is no longer checked (or very infrequently)

2) his ebay email address is no longer checked (also, or infrequently)

His paypal address... that he checks. I wrote to that address (after the other two)and got a response back very quickly. Two in fact.

Unfortunately, because of the email situation,my order didn't go in until 2-9, and now the post offices there are closed until 2-15. Oh well... It is what it is.

mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 7:48 AM   #26

jcr wrote:
Quote:
I also had problems with Rong Jin not answering emails for 3 days, but today we exchanged some very quickly. So keep faith...I can tell you that he is out of stock for the Hoya S-HMC Pro-1 until the end of the month....if it was that you were expecting...:sad:me too
No, I went the way to of the non-pro version, the $15 cheapie. Trying to keep costs down at the moment.

Old Feb 13, 2005, 7:09 PM   #27

I kind of had the same issue with him so I ordered from Pro-Technica. Pro-Technica has marumi filter for 12 bucks.

mtritt wrote:
Quote:
Thanks again, everyone, for the insight. I actually ordered the Raynox, but then cancelled the order because I liked the idea of the Phayee having the additional threads at the end for a hood. I didn't want to have to spend money twice.

I wrote Ronjin an email about ordering and he never replied. I went on ebay and ordered it, but couldn't complete the transaction via Paypal because Ronjin needs to adjust the invoice as I picked up the lens cap and a Hoya UV filter on the same order. No reply back. Even though everyone raves about this guy, I'm starting to have doubts about the level of customer service. I wanted to get this thing before I go on vacation next month. At this rate, I'm not sure I will.

There is a Pro-Technica tube on ebay that looks like an exact copy of the Phayee tube. If I don't hear anything back from Ronjin by Saturday, that may be the way to go. I figure a week is more than enough time to expect a response.

lepa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 11:22 PM   #28

lepa71 wrote:
Quote:
I kind of had the same issue with him so I ordered from Pro-Technica. Pro-Technica has marumi filter for 12 bucks.
Yep, I know, but at that point, I had already committed to buying from him so I had to make good on it.