Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:23 PM   #11

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
I'm not impressed really. The picture lacks sharpness and contrast. You might want to crop it a bit larger (i assume this is a 100% crop) and resize it to 50% of this (relative). As for the black and white. It needs a lot more contrast. Try brightness and contrast and try to get some dark parts really dark en light parts almost white. This really makes a difference.

I also see you posted two birds shots in two separates threads. why not put them in 1? (or bird photography thread :G)

keep 'm coming
cheers,

Tim
First of all I do not mind critasism at all. But... If you are going to throw these little smart remarks in... Why don't you just keep it to yourself.

This is a straight out of the camera shot, and the first black and white shot I ever took. I have much more important things to do than impress you anyway.

And... I posted this on a seperate thread because some people are using dial up and can't even open the bird thread anymore. Who died and left you in charge anyway?

And yes... I do mind that "YOU" edited my picture (not anyone else... just you). I could have done that myself, but I do not usually post pics that are not straight out of the camera unless I specify it as such.

Oh... And thanks for your "DESTRUCTIVE" Critasism...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:24 PM   #12

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
this is done in virtual photographer. I think the image is more interesting this way. I hope you don't mind me posting it. I'll remove it if you don't want it

Yes... I do mind... Please take it off.

bobc
Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:26 PM   #13

Thanks everyone (exept TimvdVelde) for your feedback. I have a lot to learn about B&W. I did try a few post processing things, and posted them.

You guys are great (exept TimvdVelde)...

bobc
Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:01 PM   #14

bobc wrote:
Quote:
Thanks everyone (exept TimvdVelde) for your feedback. I have a lot to learn about B&W. I did try a few post processing things, and posted them.

bobc
Note to self: "NEVER post comment on bobc's pics."
Weight is the least of your problems Bob.
Jaynah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:16 PM   #15

Jaynah wrote:
Quote:
bobc wrote:
Quote:

bobc
Note to self: "NEVER post comment on bobc's pics."
Weight is the least of your problems Bob.
I have nothing against comments at all. I am just an ameture. But... I don't think it's right that TimvdVelde allways has to add some kind of little smart remark.

And not just to me... To others on this forum.

I put a lot of effort into helping others with the little knowlege that I have. And when someone posts little smart remarks and thinks they are better than everyone else... It bugs me a lot. I am not the type of person to stand there and watch this guy degrade other members of this forum. And if he posted one of his little remarks about you, I would stand up for you too.

Cause thats just the kind of guy I am...

bobc
Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:23 PM   #16

The repeated responses to one posters comment on this picture is out of line. The critique may not be in line with the usual tact that is expected and appreciated, but the response to it was not taking the high road. Disappointing display of disgust and disdain.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:57 PM   #17

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
The repeated responses to one posters comment on this picture is out of line. The critique may not be in line with the usual tact that is expected and appreciated, but the response to it was not taking the high road. Disappointing display of disgust and disdain.
You know I have a short fuze. This guy has been responded to by several members of this forum for his insulting remarks.

And it's not just this thread. I went into about 3 or 4 threads, and everyone I read... He had some kind of smart remark posted.

I'm sorry, but I am getting sick of it. Mainly for the other members.

And taking the high road does'nt always mean doing nothing... Some times you have to bluntly let someone know what you think.

Sorry to dissapoint and discust you v...

bobc

bobc
Old Feb 2, 2005, 11:16 PM   #18
RDV

bobc, did you hit your head on the total gym. You post a pic that no one gave a positive review and you trash one guy for his comments. I'm with jaynah, it seems the problem is not with what your total gym can fix. Bad taste bobc.
RDV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 11:19 PM   #19

The disgust and disdain is refering to how you chose to handle this. I am just disappointed.

Apology ad infinitum. If you preceive this as egging you on then I see my posts in needof beingseriously curtailed.

Keep in mind that english is not Tims first language and his sharp and/or bluntness may be attributed to that. Igive it a benefit of a doubt.He does offer some suggestions which may not have the insight or "Big Picture" in mind. I myselfnever thought a second thought about dial up until nzmacro first brought it up and then treemonkey. Many pictures in one topic posting would not be beneficial in that case. Perusing through the many threads if you have been away even for a few days will be time consuming. There is no perfect solution. What makes sense to one doesn't to the other since our sum total of experiences vary and the results in which we are after coming to this board vary as well. The means achieving an end result whichhas many options. I find much of itto be very fascinating.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 1:44 AM   #20

You guys are overreacting.

"i'm not impressed". I don't know if this means cursing or something. My english is not that good. But I didn't mean to cause a riot. And I don't think it's destructive critisicm.

"This guy has been responded to by several members of this forum for his insulting remarks"

Well I have more PM's with thank you for the help messages actually.. but nobody knows that....
I'll guess I'm going to say "Wow nice picture" everytime too, if that is what you like

edit:

Quote= Treemonkey

Quote:
Gone are the days when people would post photos and we would offer constructive criticism, every photo now seems to have comments like "wow, that's great" when it out of focus and under exposed.
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote