Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:43 PM   #1

i recently had the chance to photograph this agressive male allen's protecting his territory..the bird made several passes at me then rose about fifty feet straight up into the air then he did kamikaze like swoop at me ..that sounded like a round from a 45 colt automatic buzzing past my head ..i ran for cover not knowing if he would attack me again..if you confront these birds the best thing to do is avoid eye contact with them .and please don't make any sudden moves they have an ice pick sharp beak and they have been known to impale animals and small humans with there stilleto like beak...
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:42 AM   #2

Nice capture
That is a bird with attitude,
it looks like it means business.
Gazza-NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 1:33 AM   #3

Very good shot .
trus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:21 AM   #4

This shot is bloody fantastic. Wow. I will heed your advice but do know that these birds make a wonderful sorbet. Perfect to cleanse the patette between courses, or as a delicious, refreshing desert in the dog days of summer.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:14 AM   #5

Please tell me you did not run from this cute little guy?:G

Just kidding:blah:I hope to be able to capture shots like this down the road.

Great shot.
onthespot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 7:08 PM   #6

thanks everyone for the comments..sorry for the late reply i just returned from an over nighter in taft ca....and yes what scares me is when they swoop behind me buzzing in my ear...these birds are very intelligent, courious and fun to watch they all have different personalities....
our favorite pastime is sipping crown royal and watching the hummers flit about..
Old Feb 3, 2005, 7:37 PM   #7

You were in Taft...........I feel for you bro. Not exactly photography heaven.:roll:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:11 PM   #8

nooner wrote:
Quote:
You were in Taft...........I feel for you bro. Not exactly photography heaven.:roll:
tafts the hawk heaven ...and there's egrets around ..there's this road with hawks every where....i've got a shot of one sitting on the ground.i hope i don't get mistaken for a poacher and get some buckshot in my but tip toeing through the tulips..i just wish i had a nikon....ok now that's another can of worms...but i do feel i can raise my level of artistic quality a notch or four ..or maybe all the kings horse's and all the kings men ...will never raise my level again....hey you didn't no it but sometimes i'm a poet...
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:13 PM   #9

jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
our favorite pastime is sipping crown royal and watching the hummers flit about..
Hey Jazz,

Nice photo.
I think if you put some of that C.R. in their feeder you'd find that they become quite docile and friendly. They may even want to come home with you.

:lol:smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:22 PM   #10

smac wrote:
Quote:
jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
Hey Jazz,

Nice photo.
I think if you put some of that C.R. in their feeder you'd find that they become quite docile and friendly. They may even want to come home with you.

:lol:smac
why that's blasphemy smac ..humming birds are federaly protected birds ..they are a migratory spieces...i think that sugar water ferments into alcohol ..that's why they act so nutty sometimes