Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:06 PM   #1

A bird in my yard.

Attached Images

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:19 AM   #2

Total photo really speaks, Bobc.

It celebrates the miracle of wing-eye coordination as nature's lil' aviators as they fly thru thickets and never hit a branch coming to rest whenever, wherever they feel like it.
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:18 AM   #3

ditto digicamfan. 'nother nice one. I think catching them in the thickets adds greatly to these pic... depth, foreground... almost a 3d feel.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:57 AM   #4

nice capture bob i like the browns in this 1 well done nice and sharp too!!!!!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 9:55 AM   #5

This is a good shot. How close were you when taking this shot. It looks like it is hiding and the camera found him. The colors look natural and the way it would look if I was there.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:36 PM   #6

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
This is a good shot. How close were you when taking this shot. It looks like it is hiding and the camera found him. The colors look natural and the way it would look if I was there.
I was within 50 feet. I fill the bird feeders, then I stand as close as I can. If I don't move around too much, they start comming closer to the feeders and use the sticker bushes as cover. I think they are starting to know I am feeding them, cause they seem to let me get closer than they use to.

bobc
Old Feb 2, 2005, 6:39 PM   #7

Thanks everyone.

I have not been able to get out much except in the yard on the weekends for a little.

I can't wait till spring...:|

bobc
Old Feb 2, 2005, 7:34 PM   #8

Nice shot Bobc

Maybe a slight different perspective would have helped, for in this casee also the sparrow behind the central one would have been more noticeable (but probably most would say this would have distracted from the main subject of the shot). Yet I think you should learn to fly for that.

I am lucky here as far as sparrows: i throw bread on my balcony and they come (with pigeons) as close as 2-3 m from me, so that I can shot nearly portraits of them.

Yet the true fun will be next Spring, when I 'll bering m,y FZ20 with me in excursions: you'll see more web galleries from me in my site each Monday then.
I also hope to catch some snakes -which I love- (both colubridae and vipers) yet only for shots... By then I'll have also bought a Nikon 6T macro filter.

Really Photography is very addictive, especially when one has got a FZ20 after a whole yeat with a respectable, portablebut very limited Canon A300.

FraF
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 7:49 PM   #9

This is an excellent shot.
A beautiful comentary, underscored by the little birds determination to get back into the great shape of it's youth. I can almost see it's wee little muscles beginning to bulge once again from beneath it's feathery cover. I, myself, have been inspired by this picture to "lose a few". Well done.

Really, that's a very nice shot. I like it a lot.

Sorry, I went off like that. My sarcasm will be my undoing.... But, I am still going to "lose a few".

You know I like bird pictures,

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:02 PM   #10

The second one was so near (2,5m circa) that I decided to use the flash.
My balcony is open to North, so now the light is not ideal, but surely better like this than having to do with a 25m distant lil ball of feathers.

Sorry If I posted them here (useless to open a new thread for these are in my galleries which have been already linked to elsewhere)

Francesco Raffaele

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote