Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 5, 2005, 1:18 PM   #11
csh

herk56 wrote:
Quote:
Panasonic has the part on backorder until March 13, 2005. That's a change from February 15, 2005. Amazing that a factory parts outlet online wouldn't maintain sufficient stock for their customers and at least control the supply to insure they don't run out. :?
I think they should have shipped one with the camera. It's not that expensive a part.

The retail channel is especially bad about carrying products but not carrying accessories or providing any after-the-sale support. That makes critical accessories like this one a real frustration.
csh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 8:46 AM   #12

I ordered the part from Panasonic UK on 22 Feb. It was listed as on back order due in 12 Mar. It was shipped to me a bit early though, 9th of March so that's not too bad at all. Total cost including post,packing and VATwas £16.37, quite reasonable I thought :?
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 9:17 AM   #13

If anyone is interested

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...Pr4_PcN__Shops
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 9:26 AM   #14

I received my remote from Panasonic last week, so they should have them in stock now. I ordered part # vyc0913 and got the DMW-RS1 for $14.95 plus shipping. Total about $20.00. That's the way to go, but don't wait if you want one because they won't last long.
herk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 1:11 PM   #15

herk56 wrote:
Quote:
I received my remote from Panasonic last week, so they should have them in stock now. I ordered part # vyc0913 and got the DMW-RS1 for $14.95 plus shipping. Total about $20.00. That's the way to go, but don't wait if you want one because they won't last long.
I checked the post on Saturday and my remote was there, what a pleasant suprise! I didn't expect it for another few weeks. I got mine from Panasonic for the same price.
eddie_dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 6:40 PM   #16

While on this subject - does anyone know if a remote can be used with the FZ5. I couldn't find anything about it on the Panasonic website. My new camera is on the way! I'm waiting impatiently.....
bandysbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:42 PM   #17

genece wrote: Now on US web site

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #666666"http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43443&item =7501103097&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #666666"
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 2:53 AM   #18

Can a non-proprietary remote be used with the FZ20?
Mrbibidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:49 PM   #19

Yes, there is a non-proprietary remote available on eBay. It is not quite as nice as the Panasonic, and I recommend ordering the Panasonic if you can get it at a non-inflated price direct from Panasonic (part # vyc0913).

The non-proprietary remote comes from China and is availble at the eBay store of jinfinance. He also has a nice 40' extension at a good price.

Alternatively, I see you can spend about the same amount and get the same remote (brand name Phayee) from Canada from Digishack on eBay. It might save a little time, though I am not familiar with this vendor.
AmanitaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 3:06 PM   #20

what MAG said is the truth...i ordered the DMW-RS1 from the Panasonic website that MAG linked to and when i ordered it at checkout it changed the P/N tovyc0913...i thought something was wrong and terminated the tranaction...so i started it again thinking i did something wrong the 1st time and sure enough, at the checkout it gave me a substitute Part number...i went ahead and took a chance and yes, that $14.95 is correct...i rec'd it about 1.5wks later and it is exactly asin MAGs link with the DMW-RS1 # on it...it works well...
roy123 is offline   Reply With Quote