Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:46 PM   #1

Hi all, Just an FYI...for those of you who are looking for that hard to find remote for your fz20...Rong Jin of Phayee fame carries the DMW-RS1 for $25.00 each.

Just ordered mine with the Phayee adapter
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:13 PM   #2

You did talk to him and he has it in stock?

Lots of people looking for it.

Mind if I post your thread on other forums?
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:41 PM   #3

Just note that the remote does not appear in his us ebay store, instead it appears in his chinese ebay store.

http://cgi.ebay.com.cn/ws/eBayISAPI....65302&tc=photo

From the above site it reads 100 pieces available, so there should be plenty of supply.

Anyway quaz, you're getting the cord at a pretty good price, RJ is selling at RMB$258 (~USD$36). Usually his own items are cheaper in his chinese site than the us site. Probably can't have much discount on those imported items. :roll:
akirabbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 11:50 PM   #4

He must have just gotten them in. When I e-mailed him about ordering the adapter and a few other items, he E-mailed me back asking if I was interested in the remote and Hoya filters. I ordered 2 remote one for me and one for a friend, so apparently he has them in stock. How many? I don't know. BTW no problem, you can send it to whoever you want.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 12:34 AM   #5

What about Panasonic. I bought mine from Panasonic, they sent me a letter saying they didn't have enough, but they did ship it when they said they would. You know, I put it in my bag and I haven't even used it. I got used to using the 2 second timer, and looking for it in my bag was too much of a hassle (for the small amount of shots that required a shutter release/timer). I could be mistaken but I thought Panasonic charges less for it.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 12:45 AM   #6

Nancy, I think your right. I now remember someone saying that they saw a site that was selling them for $15.00.

The reason why I bought one is that I want to try my hand at nature macro photograpy and to catch the moment, delay sometimes is not an option.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 1:30 AM   #7
Mag

I went to panasonic site, and its been on back order for quite awhile finaly i just went ahead and ordered it. And it was at my house in 2- 3 weeks. I actually ordered wht i thot was a compatible part that panasonic was selling at a cheaper price @14.95. If you go here http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/epartr...listChoice.asp?

and type in vyc0913 in the left side in the part number box it will come up. Anyway i ordered it and it was only 14.95 but says right on it dmw-rs1. So not only did i get the part alot sooner than i thot but i got it cheaper than the original price of $25! WoOt!

heres a pic

Best regards,

Mag

Attached Images

Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 1:48 PM   #8

Panasonic has the part on backorder until March 13, 2005. That's a change from February 15, 2005. Amazing that a factory parts outlet online wouldn't maintain sufficient stock for their customers and at least control the supply to insure they don't run out. :?
herk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:32 PM   #9

G'mormg all, I just received from Rong Jin the remote and Phayee adaptor, absolutly rapped, and the service from Rong passes every company I have dealt with in regards to the FZ 20. He also has the WCON-17 wide angle lens...think I got that right.......he's a great guy to deal with.

Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:28 AM   #10

herk56 wrote:
Quote:
Panasonic has the part on backorder until March 13, 2005. That's a change from February 15, 2005. Amazing that a factory parts outlet online wouldn't maintain sufficient stock for their customers and at least control the supply to insure they don't run out. :?
That's because they are (whoever actually makes them) printing the Leica name on them for the Digilux.. Lists at $70 last I looked. If you can get one from Rong at the $25 and you just gotta have it, it might not be bad at that price.

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote