Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 5, 2005, 1:06 PM   #11

The Sunpak 422 and 433, are dedicated flash, right? Works with the FZ20 too?
fmalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 1:13 PM   #12

Yes. They act just like the 383 on the FZ20. I have the 433D and it works great for bounce flash and diffused flash. The dedicated feature doesn't come in to play on the FZ.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 8:03 PM   #13

is anyone familiar with the sunpak flash adapter? i received my 383 today from adorama on time as promised. good service although maybe a tad high on shipping, otherwise i got what i paid for.

it does make my fz20 camera a little top heavy and i was wondering if any one can recommend the sunpak adapter for the flash?
Prof.Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 2:41 AM   #14

Based on this measage thread I am guessing that a sunpak 383 super will work with out damaging the electronics on a FZ20.? The reason I ask this question is that I have nevered used a externial flash, as a mater of fact my vary old SLR purchased new in 1972, Which the FZ20 is replacing, had no flash at all. I have heard that a flash unit with the wrong voltage could damage tha camera. I bought my FZ20 used and it came with the sunpak 383 super, but have been hesitent to use it.

Any clarification on this would be great.

WillWill
willlwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:14 AM   #15

Hi, the Sunpak 383 will work on the LZ20, as the trigger voltage on this flash is 6 volts. The trigger voltage on the LZ20 can handle up to 24 volts, so it has a wide safety margin. I am also using the 383 on my LZ20.

ve7ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 12:54 PM   #16

If you can afford the higher price on the Panasonic flash, it is worth it IMHO. See the thread under external flashes.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=53

Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:38 PM   #17

I picked up a Vivitar 283 (Made in China) for 30$ on eBay and a 285 Vivitar for 35$ Also got the SL-2 remote trigger that will work with either (and flash in sync from up to 30' away). Real solid reliable workhorses cheap.

The only thing to beware of with the 283 is certain models will fry your camera due to high trigger voltage. I restricted my shopping to units from China or Korea, and then used my voltmeter to guarantee they were safe.

I really like the 283 due to the many accessories available (powerpacks, remote cables, remote wireless, filters, etc.). It is a great flash.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 9:18 AM   #18

This works fine with the fz20?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
fmalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 5:03 PM   #19

Hi

I got the Sunpak 433AF dedicated for Nikon and it does have manual setting and other adjustments.
But my question is :
when I select ISO 100 the F/stop is set to 2 on the flash, but Preset mode on FZ20 sets it to 2.8. So is it Ok? Or should I set flash to ISO 200 which is sets f/Stop to 2.8 on the flash.

Any comments?

Thanks

nooner wrote:
Quote:
You would be better ff with 433D. The 433AF doesn't allow manual setting and other adjustments. It is designed for true TLL use.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
lepa71 is offline   Reply With Quote