Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 2, 2005, 8:35 PM   #11

nt
Attached Images

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 9:56 PM   #12

for the most part, i tend to prefer images that look like what i saw through the viewfinder, with minimal "tweaking" if needed to improve the image a little, but ya know, these are just plain cool! there's a place for both "as-is" photography and for digital art; both are forms of art that require the vision of the creator to capture the image. after that, it's a matter of preference, creativity, and technique.

one of these days, i guess i'm just gonna hafta get me photoshop!!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 9:58 PM   #13

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
The other side of the leaf...

dude! looks like the Balrog from Lord of the Rings!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 11:17 PM   #14

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Smac

And forgive me for retouching your great pic and for this further use of the FLOOD filter ...

No Problem, I appreciate the compliment and the demo of what else I can try. Flood filter eh? Is that in Elements as well?

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 12:05 AM   #15

Hey smac...........Flood filter is a plug-in from Flamingpear. Here's a link:arrow:
http://www.flamingpear.com/download.html
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 12:41 AM   #16
Mag

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
hmmm this has nothing to do with photography....
This has plenty to do with photography, it started out as a picture right?. Theres plenty of ways to be creative through photography. Plenty before andwhile composing the shot, and plenty after the shot is taken. Some people choose not to do any post processing at alland I respect there talent, and commitment to photography in the purist form.There are few thatwont even crop, i really like that idea because it seems to me it would force you to learn good framing/composition. I myself however dont have thewillpower nor talent. But that would be a good way to get the framing talent quicker i would think. Then theres the people that just do the basics sharpen, auto levels ect which is cool too. Then theres people who like to go all out like this picture here which i think is very kool by the way narmer, at this point i personally call it photo manipulation but it still started out as a photo. I love to play in photoshop, trying to get wild effects or abstract stuff that i try to convince myself is art. Convincing my self is reletively easy sense i took the picture, but convincing others is another story. As long as i and others are having fun with there cameras, thats what its all about. The camera is a tool, the person behind it makes the art. And its great therapy, if people are taking pics and enjoying their results then who cares what they do to the pics. Ok well i guess i got way off topic, and this should probably be in a different thread, oh well.

Shoot to thrill!

best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 3:52 AM   #17

lol...you guys are trippin
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 4:06 AM   #18

lets do this.....I will make a tread and ANY THING THAT WAS SHOT WITH A PANASONIC BUT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE OR AS TIM SAID "HAVE ANY THING TO DO WITH PHOTOGRAPHY".....POST IT THERE......I WILL CALL IT - ALL ABSTRACT GO HERE !!!!!

and BTW...A LOT OF MY POST ARE OF THAT TAEST..I CAN DO BOTH SIDES OF THE FEINCE....MY CALL REMEMBER:G

Narmer....that's pretty much what this shot is....abstract...very nice capture = a lot to do with photography.

now we need a group hug!!!!!!....lol :-)
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 7:08 AM   #19

I don't mind Tim's posts, personally. He is very knowledgeable, and also opinionated. However, he sometimes borders on being a "troll" (...a troll is a term used to describe someone who jumps on forms to post flames or insults to their members.) He his not a troll, however.

That's just me though. Most are affected or insulted by negative comments on forums. I used to post a lot on political blogs. Believe me, they're very nasty. I've been called every name in the book by real trolls, and it simply has ZERO affect what-so-ever.

However, my rule of thumb is if you have offended another member, apologize. Even if it's unintentional. Sometimes in an attempt to be "to the point", comments are read as insults. Temper them a bit even if it means a few more keystrokes.

However, if you're out to piss people off - that is, you're a troll, go elsewhere.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 7:42 PM   #20

nooner wrote:
Quote:
Hey smac...........Flood filter is a plug-in from Flamingpear. Here's a link:arrow:
http://www.flamingpear.com/download.html
Sweet! Thanks Bro.
I'm there.
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote