Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 3, 2005, 6:56 PM   #1

Tim,

If you read my post on the b&w bird... Everyone gave me pointers in which I thanked them.

You where the only one who had to throw in a little smart remark.

Then I start reading other threads, and just about everyone that you posted on... Another little smart comment mixed in with your helpful hints.

That is why I got mad... And that is the only reason. I can take any critacism from anyone... But when someone feels that they always have to throw a little smart remark in with it... Should I just sit there and put up with it?

And if I read any post in which you feel you have to add a little smart remark to someone else... Should I say nothing?

I am sorry, but I have a set of standards that I live by. And I will not sit idle and not make an attempt to right a wrong.

For example... I was in a bar and a person of a different race walked in... A guy (who I did not know) looked at me and made a ratial comment... I told the guy in a very blunt manner that I did not appreciate what he said, and how would he feel if it was the other way around... Then I told him to shut up. Sure he could have turned it into a physical thing, and maybe even beat me up... But that did not stop me from standing up for what I believe in.

It's obviouse that you have a great deal of knowledge with photography and PS. Probably more than I will ever have.

And I am beginning to see... That... Is more importand here than someone like me who is not affraid to stand up for something, and does not have much photographic knowledge.

After all it is a camera forum.

So... I am the one who will leave.

I would appreciate it if you where more polite to the members of this forum though.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2005, 7:09 PM   #2

Bob, there's no reason for anyone to "leave". It's not a big deal. Everyone should just relax. In what environment do you know where this many people interact where there are not personality conflicts? It's only a forum. Tim's style can be blunt at times imo but he's not a troll at all. Both you and Tim add to the discussion. Chill, settle down, relax, take a deep breath. Cyberspace is big enough for both of you.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 7:15 PM   #3

Bob - Don't feel like you need to (or that anyone needs to)police this forum. We're grown-ups here. Internet forums are notorious for being for being very boring at one end and very boorish at the other with some interesting stuff going on in between. The beauty of it is youdon't have to react. No one is watching. We're just type. No hype. Reply to those you want to and let the others go. No one is watching and waiting. If they are, they are lost in cyberspace. Relax and enjoy the ride. And post photos. It's really pretty simple.

-Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 7:24 PM   #4

If leaving is what needs to be done on your account then by all means do it. I do not think anyone here wants anyone to leave.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 7:47 PM   #5

bobc & Tim:

Remember this?...

Quote:
This use to be a place where one could come for help and guidance. A fun place in which one could find friends of like interests and learn from as well as help others.

What happened ???

:PAre you taking this discussion as personal !!!!.

I agree with Nick, please have a relax. Nobody want you two out of this forum. I'm sure even Tim doesn't want bobc to leave and bobc doesn't want Tim to leave. Then, don't do this issue bigger than it should be!!!.

msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:08 PM   #6

Hang around bobc....................
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:11 PM   #7

Bobc and Timv should have a pro rasslin' match. Bob + tag team midget wrestler partner of his choosing vs. Timv and a midget wrestler of his choosing. Two out of three falls in a steele cage for the belt.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:32 PM   #8

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Bobc and Timv should have a pro rasslin' match. Bob + tag team midget wrestler partner of his choosing vs. Timv and a midget wrestler of his choosing. Two out of three falls in a steele cage for the belt.
in Jello.

shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:33 PM   #9

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:

blindfolded....
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:33 PM   #10

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:

and naked.