Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:10 PM   #1

I have been viewing this forum for about 3 months now and really enjoy all the photos and comments. I finally got my FZ15 and took a few pictures. I thought I would get started participating in the forum by posting one of the pictures for comments and suggestions. I have a thick skin and want to learn so feel free to comment. The camera took the picture, I just pushed the button(all auto). And, no I was not looking for my golf ball in the brush. It was already in the lake.
Attached Images

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:19 PM   #2

Not an expert, but when it looks like you can walk into the picture. Great pic. Golf anyone?
Hoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:34 PM   #3

Welcome tcook,

Great picture. I like the way you framed the course through the trees. What metering setting were you using?
I have found that the spot metering setting works well when you have high contrast objects in the same frame. You can spot meter on a bright object to bring the exposure down a bit or spot on a dark object to bring it up. You (the camera) did a pretty good job with exposure. Next time try spotting on different surfaces and then half press the shutter button to lock in the setting then swing back to the framing you like and finish the shot by pressing the shutter button all the way. You can get some interesting exposures that way.
Anyway, nice to have you on board the keep up the good work.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:43 PM   #4

Welcome tcook. Nice shot of a lovely place. That's usually the view I have when I'm golfing-from the bushes. I'm a member of the Fairways Preservation Society. Never hit one in my life. :-)Where's this course located? Looks sooo good after pining away the winter. I'm an avid golfer-100 rounds a year usually. Cheers.....thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:50 PM   #5

Thanks for the comments. I will try the spot metering next time. The course is in northern California.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:50 PM   #6

great its got depth.. framing..
hole in one

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:54 PM   #7

tcook wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the comments. I will try the spot metering next time. The course is in northern California.
Hey.... that's were I am.... Where abouts?
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:00 AM   #8

Humboldt county
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:11 AM   #9

OK, Way North. Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:44 AM   #10

tcook wrote:
Quote:
" I have been viewing this forum for about 3 months now and really enjoy all the photos and comments . . . I have a thick skin and want to learn so feel free to comment. . .
Hi TCook!

I am fairly new here too (Pana forum). Like you, up until recently, I have been more of a 'viewer' than a 'participant'. IMO there is no question that you have tapped intoone of the BEST camera forumsgoing (Steve's Digicams - Panasonic Forum).

A goodexample would beSmac's first post (above). He offershelpfulsuggestions, with a friendly approach. For the most part, a 'thick skin' isn't required here. This is generally avery positive environment.

Thanks for posting your photo.I'm not a golfer, but as Hoov suggests, I'd like to; "walk into thepicture".

Please post more of your pics!

Dean
DeanB is offline   Reply With Quote