Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 5, 2005, 6:29 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
smac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,103
Default

I just got back from a gorgeous day at the refuge. Most of the geese have headed back north but there was still plenty of subject to test my new Panasonic LTZ10 teleconverter on. I will post several pictures in separate posts so that my dial-up friends can access them more easily.

First up is a close-up of a Western Meadow Lark.

Last edited by smac; Jan 30, 2014 at 12:45 AM.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2005, 8:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
NickTrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,249
Default

Yes... you get what you pay for. This pic is unusual. To my eye it looks like a stuffed bird in a display behind glass. Doesn't seem "real" somehow. Of course, I know it is real. Just has an unusual quality for some reason.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 8:37 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
smac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,103
Default

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Yes... you get what you pay for. This pic is unusual. To my eye it looks like a stuffed bird in a display behind glass. Doesn't seem "real" somehow. Of course, I know it is real. Just has an unusual quality for some reason.
I agree Nick. And yet there is absolutely no Post Processing. This one is straight out of the camera (except for re sizing).
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 8:51 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
willow1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,131
Default

Very nice shot smac!!! did you use a tripod???
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:26 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
smac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,103
Default

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
Very nice shot smac!!! did you use a tripod???
No tripod, So far all shots have been hand held. Even though the literature says that the Image Stabilization may not work I have found that it works quite well. Even at total maximum zoom which works out to be 1890mm focal length in 35mm terms. I have used the included lens bracket attached to my monopod and then braced that against my stomach for more stability. But I am still breathing and walking around while shooting. Here's a big tip to anyone thinking of this lens. The Quantray monopod at BestBuy works really well in the way I described above. It just add a little more stability when you are at max zoom.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:39 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
boyzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,544
Default

that tcon sure is good glass
now imagine an 1890mm lens for a 35mm SLR
:-)
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:45 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
smac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northern California
Posts: 6,103
Default

boyzo wrote:
Quote:
that tcon sure is good glass
now imagine an 1890mm lens for a 35mm SLR
:-)
I have. I don't think my arms would be long enough to use it.:G
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:01 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
boyzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,544
Default

Ah yes
Fly me to the Moon...
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 3:02 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 50
Default

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Yes... you get what you pay for. This pic is unusual. To my eye it looks like a stuffed bird in a display behind glass. Doesn't seem "real" somehow. Of course, I know it is real. Just has an unusual quality for some reason.
Might this be due to the depth of field in the image?
Tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 3:26 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
playlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 237
Default

smac wrote:
Quote:
willow1 wrote:
Quote:
Very nice shot smac!!! did you use a tripod???
No tripod, So far all shots have been hand held. Even though the literature says that the Image Stabilization may not work I have found that it works quite well. Even at total maximum zoom which works out to be 1890mm focal length in 35mm terms. I have used the included lens bracket attached to my monopod and then braced that against my stomach for more stability. But I am still breathing and walking around while shooting. Here's a big tip to anyone thinking of this lens. The Quantray monopod at BestBuy works really well in the way I described above. It just add a little more stability when you are at max zoom.

smac
I think your math is wrong it equates to a 1.5 or 630mm. You could never hand hold 1890mm.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:17 PM.