Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:24 PM   #11

playlong schreef:
Quote:
At 15 feet you should get better results with the Leica.
:Gplaylong. You are even worse than I am :G

I do agree that this photo could have been better. But when you critisize a picture.. always say why, and how It could be done better.

Is this a 100% crop? Or just a resize.
I understand it's hard to shoot wildlife. Maybe it's better to back off sometimes and get a better composition instead of wanting to get as close as possible
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:57 PM   #12

With your truthful comment I guess there can be no wrong when it comes to you.

You have nothing really good to say about much here and continue to pound on what your truth is.

So I take it the the 14b is a much better match for the leica lens in your opinion. From what you posted I don't think so. Linear polarizer did not help much either as far as what I had seen in your two examples. Your knowledge did not translate well in what you posted. That is the truth in what I have seen.

You have posted some excellent pictures but your teleconverter pictures don't do it for me.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:37 PM   #13

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
With your truthful comment I guess there can be no wrong when it comes to you.

You have nothing really good to say about much here and continue to pound on what your truth is.

So I take it the the 14b is a much better match for the leica lens in your opinion. From what you posted I don't think so. Linear polarizer did not help much either as far as what I had seen in your two examples. Your knowledge did not translate well in what you posted. That is the truth in what I have seen.

You have posted some excellent pictures but your teleconverter pictures don't do it for me.

No, what I said was the LZ10 is a better all around lens; the14B has softer edges and for the money difference I would rather crop. The Pl just cuts glare from the water and deepens color. It is not a magic bullet

The truth has to do with practical camera knowledge. You will not get quality pictures with any TC and zoom if you shoot below the Effect zoom range.

Formula:

(FZ mm max zoom) / TC magnification / FZ mm min zoom = minimum effective range

LZ10

420mm/ 1.5/35=8X

Tcon14B

420 / 1.45 /35 = 8.27X

You are confusing my photographic style, which you do not like, with the lens.

playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 3:35 PM   #14

playlong - Did you see Gilleslatest tests comparing distancesseperating the tcon17 rear optical lens from the fz20 lens? http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=23&page=2 It appears that that optimumseperation may be dependent on the distance to the subject. A shorter distance to subject may actually prefer more seperation between the camera and tele lens than longer distances. You may want to incorporate those findings into the design of your projected fz10/15/20 adapter.

-Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:04 PM   #15

What I like about lovelife is his pretty blue typing with different font sizes as he composes his textbook posts.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:42 PM   #16

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
playlong - Did you see Gilleslatest tests comparing distancesseperating the tcon17 rear optical lens from the fz20 lens? http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...=23&page=2 It appears that that optimumseperation may be dependent on the distance to the subject. A shorter distance to subject may actually prefer more seperation between the camera and tele lens than longer distances. You may want to incorporate those findings into the design of your projected fz10/15/20 adapter.

-Fred
What I got from that thread was the 6mm distance was better then the 7mm distance and that he was ordering a 4mm adapter. My adapter isI think 3.3mm from the front element to the adapter surface. I had to leave it at the manufacturer because he is using it as a model for my first multiple piece run. I am making a 100 piece run and going to offer it at a reduced price, I still do not know what price, to selected people from the forums, whose pictures and equipment are in line with my target audience.

The other thing I would like to mention is the Panasonic quality really shows if the lumens are high. As indicated in the thread the test samples were not that good. I do not understand why many of the test pictures are never done under optimal conditions. The brighter the day the greater the quality difference between pictures.

I am going to do my own test pictures with the Tcon07 .07X, 55mm mount, the Tcon14B, 1.45X, 65mm mount, I may buy a heavy SonyHDG1758 1.7X, 58mm mount.

I am sure someone is going to say I am selling.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:46 PM   #17

nooner wrote:
Quote:
What I like about lovelife is his pretty blue typing with different font sizes as he composes his textbook posts.
Thank you you sexy Mongolian Cowboy.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:47 PM   #18

I still do not know what price, to selected people from the forums, whose pictures and equipment are in line with my target audience.

No you're not selling.............I'm sure I'm not on the selected list. Bummer
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:50 PM   #19

nooner wrote:
Quote:
I still do not know what price, to selected people from the forums, whose pictures and equipment are in line with my target audience.

No you're not selling.............I'm sure I'm not on the selected list. Bummer
The list has not been established yet. Tell me about your TC equipment and show me some picutres.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:51 PM   #20

No thanks............................