Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 7, 2005, 7:32 PM   #21

playlong wrote:
Quote:
At 15 feet you should get better results with the Leica.
I agree. This is not the best that the Leica can do. I have several other shots of this rabbit that are sharper. I was just messing around with the lense for the first time I was probably right on the edge of minimum focus with this particular shot. I wasn't trying to sell the lens or do any kind of scientific test. Just sharing a shot. Perhaps next time I will choose my title a little more carefully so as not to give the wrong impression.

Boy, there sure are a lot of sensitive people. I don't mind criticism, constructive criticism would be best but hey if I didn't want to be subjected to a little jab here and there I wouldn't post any pictures. I am not a professional, just a guy having fun with a camera. I you have any tips or suggestions for improvement I welcome them. If you want to get nasty, that's your hangup not mine. So, thanks to everyone who looked, and to those that commented. I'm still here, and will be tomorrow too.

smac

Last edited by smac; Jan 30, 2014 at 12:44 AM.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 7:56 PM   #22

smac wrote:
Quote:
playlong wrote:
Quote:
At 15 feet you should get better results with the Leica.
Quote:

I agree. This is not the best that the Leica can do. I have several other shots of this rabbit that are sharper. I was just messing around with the lense for the first time I was probably right on the edge of minimum focus with this particular shot. I wasn't trying to sell the lens or do any kind of scientific test. Just sharing a shot. Perhaps next time I will choose my title a little more carefully so as not to give the wrong impression.

Boy, there sure are a lot of sensitive people. I don't mind criticism, constructive criticism would be best but hey if I didn't want to be subjected to a little jab here and there I wouldn't post any pictures. I am not a professional, just a guy having fun with a camera. I you have any tips or suggestions for improvement I welcome them. If you want to get nasty, that's your hangup not mine. So, thanks to everyone who looked, and to those that commented. I'm still here, and will be tomorrow too.

smac
Quote:
Enjoy your lens but get a UV filter for it. Lens hoods now that is a hard to find item but it makes a huge difference.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 8:03 PM   #23

Thanks, great advise. I will have to work on that a bit tho. No front threads for a filter. But, I have a few ideas.

Take it easy,
samc
smac is offline   Reply With Quote