Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 5, 2005, 7:59 PM   #1

We went for a ride today, and saw this moose browsing on the willow branches, i had my new FZ20 with me, so what do you think of this shot?
Attached Images

ve7ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2005, 9:20 PM   #2

Timing is everything. Life, photography, the universe, isn't it? Nice to have the capabilities, so compact, isn't it? Welcome.

--- Nick
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 9:55 PM   #3

Thanks for the remarks Nick. Just want you to know that i sold my 300D rebel, mainly because of the cost of extra lenses, and the FZ20 has all the "Lenses" in one. Also the quality of the pictures is at least on par, if not better, then the Rebel.
ve7ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 9:59 PM   #4

xlnt shot ..the white snow contrasting with the naked tree branches and the green trees in the background gives this print a great sens of perspective ..highlighting the moose it handles the different tones hues and tints with a great accentuation of the subject ...landscape and the artist...
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2005, 10:03 PM   #5

ve7ta wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the remarks Nick. Just want you to know that i sold my 300D rebel, mainly because of the cost of extra lenses, and the FZ20 has all the "Lenses" in one. Also the quality of the pictures is at least on par, if not better, then the Rebel.
Big advantage. Good chance you would have missed this shot with the Rebel if you didn't have the right lens attached, and of course there's no IS lens or if there is it's way $$$. Not to diss DSLRs though, the high iso capability, and wide angle are nice features. Can't have everything.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:21 AM   #6

ve7ta:

DREbel quality (image sharpness, wider dynamic range, quality/noise at iso 400-800, colors, WB) is (far) better than FZ20, that's fore sure.

Yet what FZ20 lacks in the above quoted, it gives you back in lens sharpness andrange.

About FZ20-EOS300D you are comparing apples with caviar and you are also doing it bad, for no one here could admit FZ20 quality beats EOS300D.
Yet if I had them both (with no further add on lens) I am quite sure I would get out with FZ20 at least twice as much than with EOS.
The same way I use to eat apples far more frequently than caviar.

Francesco
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:46 AM   #7

Narmer schreef:
Quote:
ve7ta:

DREbel quality (image sharpness, wider dynamic range, quality/noise at iso 400-800, colors, WB) is (far) better than FZ20, that's fore sure.

Yet what FZ20 lacks in the above quoted, it gives you back in lens sharpness andrange.

About FZ20-EOS300D you are comparing apples with caviar and you are also doing it bad, for no one here could admit FZ20 quality beats EOS300D.
Yet if I had them both (with no further add on lens) I am quite sure I would get out with FZ20 at least twice as much than with EOS.
The same way I use to eat apples far more frequently than caviar.

Francesco
TRUE !

I'm saving my money know for the eos20D + sigma 50-500mm (sorry guys but it will take a year to reach that amount so i will stick around)
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote