Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 6, 2005, 10:32 AM   #1

*results
Why would a 6T owner want to get a 5T, if they could get better results with another 6T for the same price?
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2005, 1:03 PM   #2
jcr

that was my point on previous post of stack 2 ou 3 6t, did you try it? I'm going to buy a close up lens, and am trying to figure what to go for double 6T ? Raynox 250 ? triple 6t ?
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 1:20 PM   #3

Amiroquai wrote:
Quote:
*results
Why would a 6T owner want to get a 5T, if they could get better results with another 6T for the same price?
what exactly is 'better'? if you mean higher magnification, then yes, two 6T's would do that, but having a 6T AND a 5T would give you a bit more flexibility. the 5T is half the strength, and could be useful in situations where the 6T is too much. granted, the two stacked together wouldn't be as "strong" as two 6T's, but they'd still offer a boost in magnification, and the DOF would be better. if you just want extreme macro close-ups, get the Raynox, but be prepared for very shallow DOF.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 4:57 PM   #4

jcr wrote:
Quote:
I'm going to buy a close up lens, and am trying to figure what to go for double 6T ? Raynox 250 ? triple 6t ?
I have the fz1, a b-macro (same power as 6t) anda dcr250 and enjoy using both of them. If I had the fz20 I doubt that I would use the dcr250 much, preferring insteadto get the best depth of field/magnification trade-off. IMO, thatwould be attained by using the b-macro (or 6t in your case) and cropping down to a 1600x1200 pixel area - or whatever depending on the shot. The fz1 being 2mp doesn't allow for much cropping, ergo the need for the dcr250. Stacking a pair of 6ts will give you +6 diopter which isn't much different than the 250. Furthermore, stacking is frowned upon by the purests since quality decreases with added glass. Three 6ts is getting close toabsurd. In other words, since you have the fz20, I would recommend getting one (1) nikon 6t and crop.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 6:51 PM   #5
jcr

At last something makes sense...thanks a lot !!
Old Feb 6, 2005, 7:30 PM   #6

thanks everyone
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2005, 7:40 PM   #7
jcr

one more thing...do you stack 6T on top of UV or remove it ? does de extra mm influence focus/sharpness ?
Old Feb 6, 2005, 8:17 PM   #8

I haven't found that it makes much difference. If I know I'm going to be taking nothing but macros I might take the uv filter off. But if it's a quick shot or group of shots I'll leave it on.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:13 AM   #9

jcr wrote:
Quote:
that was my point on previous post of stack 2 ou 3 6t, did you try it? I'm going to buy a close up lens, and am trying to figure what to go for double 6T ? Raynox 250 ? triple 6t ?
Raynox is the better solution and uses less optices then 2 6Ts.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote