Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 9, 2005, 12:35 AM   #11

....and one more
Attached Images

nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 4:05 AM   #12

I think the filters ruin the picture... filters like that should be banned from photoshop :G

IF you wan't to filter the picture (which it doesn't need) it's better to make a small change instead of going abstract immediatly. IMO.

Nice colorful shot btw
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 7:27 AM   #13

Hang on you lot, dont jump the gun too quick, 'little old Nick' will come up wiff a recipe as soon as he can think of one, he had one for stink-bugs so me is sure as hell he'll find one for this.

common Nick surprise us

Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:39 AM   #14

Actually I found a recipe for "Autofocus widget soup" I was thinking of posting in one of Nick's threads. So crunchy you'ld be tempted not to eat it at all!

I like the effect in the first filtered image, the second is overdone; but I really think the origianl mix of colors is most captivating (perhaps that is why I llike the first filter effect - it does not take away from those colors, rather it accentuates them somewhat).
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 4:38 PM   #15

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
I think the filters ruin the picture... filters like that should be banned from photoshop :G

IF you wan't to filter the picture (which it doesn't need) it's better to make a small change instead of going abstract immediatly. IMO.

Nice colorful shot btw
"Filters like that should be banned from Photoshop?" Are you kidding? Do you really mean that? Tim, it appears from other posts of yours that you are big time into "purity" of photography, without manipulation (I may be overstating it, but that seems to be your thing). But because it is YOUR thing doesn't mean whoever likes to play around and come up with abstract images for the fun and enjoyment of it should be "dissed" the way you often do. I actually agree with people's comments on my contribution, particularly the second one, which is somewhat garish and not to everyone's liking, but I put it out mainly for some of the new members out there just starting out to see what can be done, and to trigger their desire to be creative, to see things differently. I didn't ask for your and anyone else's comments on my contributions, nor do I need them. I accept them, but they weren't there to get feedback - merely to say "have a try, see what you can do with this - I did, and had fun!"

I happen to love pschooley1's original photo, and don't think it needs to be filtered either - it stands on its own merits. Lighten up, Tim, you'll live longer! And whether or not something "needs" filtering should be up to whoever wants to make something that looks good to them. For me, I had a blast cropping, playing around with different effects, etc. My intent WAS to go abstract immediately, by the way. Look closer next time before blasting away.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 8:26 PM   #16

Nznhut,
You did a fabulous job to make the image ..Ala Art Nouveau.
I give you .......Two Thumbs Up !
[EDIT]..Thank goodness for Photoshop because without it there is
~~~NO WAY~~~ I would be able to do the same with a brush and watercolor.
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:37 PM   #17

John G. wrote:
Quote:
Nznhut,
You did a fabulous job to make the image ..Ala Art Nouveau.
I give you .......Two Thumbs Up !
[EDIT]..Thank goodness for Photoshop because without it there is
~~~NO WAY~~~ I would be able to do the same with a brush and watercolor.
Thanks, JohnG - couldn't have put it better myself. I see the results that come out of Photoshop as art, with all its subjective qualities. I cannot for the life of me EVER paint something that even resembles art, but I CAN do it with my photos and Photoshop, and that feels real good.

Probably 95% of my photography goes untouched, because I like it just as it is, but every once in a while, I see a photo, and my mind goes, "what about if I do this, or this, with this, and then I tear off and have lots of fun cropping here, playing with colors, textures, angles, etc. And I like it! Isn't that what it is all about?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:43 PM   #18

i think every filter has its place, and that place depends on who is viewing it too. it may appeal to some, may not to others. as i learn in my digital imaging module, over-use of filters does often ruin shots, but then again can bring out some fabulous effects. of course we were told not to use them too much because pratically anyone can pick up a picture and whack a few filters over it to give some kind of added effect, but thats cos we were supposed to be learning to do more than that. but sometimes it can look good just with the press of a few buttons.
spidamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote