Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:25 AM   #1

I have so learned to fear the ocean. I now understand the pure force and awesome power of mother nature, and have a new found respect for her. As fearful of the ocean as I have become, I would have loved to been on that sailboat watching the sunset:
Attached Images

Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2005, 1:45 AM   #2

the ocean is one of the safest places to be...far safer than driving the streets or the freeways in an auto ..when i return from the sea the most dangerous part of the trip is the drive home.....
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 11:06 AM   #3

Hmm,

I find that sad to hear Nancy. I find the ocean to be my element. Where I feel most alive. Some find it in the mountains, others in the busy city.

The power is awesome but it goes beyond anything we could ever comprehend. I am sure you understand what I mean after being there and talking with the kamaaina.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:31 PM   #4

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
I have so learned to fear the ocean.
Look, Nancy, your fear is totally unrealistic... only 100 or so people are eaten alive by sharks each year. The odds are against it!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:40 PM   #5

I actually just fear trying to swim in those waters. A year ago my brother saw someone drown in Little Beach. It was a young guy on his honeymoon with his wife. He just swam out too far, and couldn't get back. Little Beach is the nude beach, so there were about 120 people holding hands forming a line into the ocean to fish him out. They got him but it was too late. Knowing this when I went into the water, I was very cautious, yet one wave came crashing down on me, no biggie, but the undertow was so strong it flushed me out to see, then another wave came, and I was further out. I was swimming as hard as I could to get back to the shore but it wasn't getting any closer. I tried to swim parallel to the shore, didn't work, I kept drifting out, so I just gave it all I got and made it back, barely. I am totally ok though to go on a boat. And if a shark tried to bite me, I would just bite back (like I do with all of my animals!)
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 4:52 PM   #6

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
I actually just fear trying to swim in those waters.* A year ago my brother saw someone drown in Little Beach.* It was a young guy on his honeymoon with his wife. He just swam out too far, and couldn't get back.* Little Beach is the nude beach, so there were about 120 people holding hands forming a line into the ocean to fish him out. They got him but it was too late.* Knowing this when I went into the water, I was very cautious, yet one wave came crashing down on me, no biggie, but the undertow was so strong it flushed me out to see, then another wave came, and I was further out.* I was swimming as hard as I could to get back to the shore but it wasn't getting any closer. I tried to swim parallel to the shore, didn't work, I kept drifting out, so I just gave it all I got and made it back, barely.* I am totally ok though to go on a boat.* And if a shark tried to bite me, I would just bite back (like I do with all of my animals!)
... sorry for being such s--t. Teasing is a hard habit to break. It's the big brother in me.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2005, 6:53 PM   #7

There is something about a sunset over water that needs a sailboat. Nice shot Nancy.
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote