Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 8, 2005, 2:20 AM   #1

playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2005, 6:25 AM   #2

Great series. Like the first the best. Great captured under difficult conditions. Are you purely a hobbiest or do you do some pro stuff?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 8:36 AM   #3

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Great series. Like the first the best. Great captured under difficult conditions. Are you purely a hobbiest or do you do some pro stuff?
I would love to do pro stuff.

I was hooked at the age of seven when my cousin brought me back a Rolei from

East Berlin. I had my own darkroom at 12, I begged and worked a few hours per

day in a neighborhood photography store. My cousin was a pro and I hung on his

every word. All I wanted to do in life was to be a photographer. My father beat it

out of me and I went into his business and forgot this silly stuff. It has haunted

me my entire life.

Now at 64 my hands are not that steady, God bless OIS, but my eye and heart are still there.

Sorry for blubbering.you hit a nerve.

Old Feb 8, 2005, 3:56 PM   #4

x
Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:37 PM   #5

Some nice shots and like Nick I think the first one is the best. What settings did u use ?

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 8:03 PM   #6

where did you take those shots ...they are really wonderful...what club was that ... good jazz is so hard to fine now adays...beautiful prints of some lovely ladys...
BRAVO.............
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 8:24 PM   #7

playlong wrote:
Quote:
I would love to do pro stuff.
... 64 ain't 24 but if you're health's good, what's stopping you? You got the chops as evident in your pics. My pop's pushin' 80 and (god bless him) he zips around no problemo. He ripped my car apart, put it back together (saved me about $1500, while I stood there handin' him wrenches and getting him coffee, like a lady...) You're no where near that age yet. Not to get into your head or your biz... apologies if I trespassed into your mindspace.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 8:53 PM   #8

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Some nice shots and like Nick I think the first one is the best. What settings did u use ?

Harj

Aperture: [/b]
f/2.8

ISO: [/b]

Focal Length: [/b]
16.6mm (100mm 35mm)

Exposure Time: [/b]
(1/80)

Most were taken in this range. The lights were very bright and I was close.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 2:36 AM   #9

Hi playlong, Love the pictures. I love the little jazz clubs here in NYC. It reminds me of when I was in New Orleans, back when I was a teen, we would hear music coming from these alleyways and go into these dark alleys to find a tiny little door which opened to the sweetest sounding jazz music, it was so raw, the energy I mean. And the heat, it was very hot, if I remember correctly. I love the first shot and the motion of the drumstick-it says it all. The second shot looks professionally lit from behind (an accent light, or hair light--great). I like the third shot but it is frustrating to me, mainly b/c I have the same problem with my camera, it focused on the mic and not the flute or person. People on this forum will just chuckle and say something to themselves like, the girl just doesn't know how to focus. But I did an experiment and I was using the spot focusing and it still was focusing on the wrong thing. As they say here "IMHO" I believe the camera has some minor focusing issues-ok fellas start throwing the rocks at me now, but I do. And I see people, write in saying how some of their shots are blurry.

ok, I am getting OT here, great pics, really! If you do more please post, I love looking at pictures (it's the reason I became a photographer!)
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 3:15 AM   #10

I like them all and the last one with the sharp focus on the mike is kewl...
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote