Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 10, 2005, 7:24 PM   #41

Nick 4 president! :-):-):-)
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 7:32 PM   #42

LOL, Nick!

Interesting how FEW posts there are on the Panasonic Forum by folks who own the FZ3. I'm guessing the FZ15 and 20 outnumber FZ3 threads and posts by about 100:1.

So why the big concern about the FZ5? was the FZ3 lacking in megapixels only?

Personally, I can hardly wait for the FZ5:?
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 7:48 PM   #43

The FZ4 and FZ5 appear to be yet another great product line from Panasonic, but keep in mind these are intended for different buyers than the FZ20. The FZ4 and FZ5 are a couple of steps down compared to the FZ20; do a comparison on Panasonic's website.

They are similar, but there are key differences that make them unique. For me, wouldn't trade my FZ20 on a FZ5.

greenbaron wrote:
Quote:
Well, that's a surprise; I never expected panasonic to really come with that small fz20 :GIt also surprises me how much value is attached to the P&S size.. But I bet it's smart marketing. How many would have bought the fz5 instead of -20, if they were released at the same time?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Curious; will this lead to another wave of new members, who just bought this new smally?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 10:42 PM   #44

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
LOL, Nick!

Interesting how FEW posts there are on the Panasonic Forum by folks who own the FZ3. I'm guessing the FZ15 and 20 outnumber FZ3 threads and posts by about 100:1.

There certainly does seem to be more "large" FZ owners than FZ3 owners. If you include the FZ 1/2 owners with the FZ3 it gets a little closer I think. As Fred mentioned above, it's nice to have choices. I for one am a very happy FZ3 owner. From what I have read there are a few thing about the new 4/5 that I would like, but nothing compelling enough to make me wish I had waited.

I like the redesigned grip area and shutter release. More pixels can be a good thing, we'll have to read a few more reviews to know that one for sure. If noise is an issue then the value of more pixelsis somewhat diminished in my eyes.

To bad they didn't find a way to keep the 2.8 lens all the way out, but you need to make some trade-offs in this form factor.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 5:46 AM   #45

does anyone know when (if?) the fz5 will be released in the UK / Ireland? There's no mention ofit on the panasonic.co.uk site (in fact, I got an email from them saying "The FZ4 is not likely to be released in the UK and Ireland. We have no plans as yet to release the FZ5 however wouldnt rule it out.")

Thesales guy atmy localpanasonic retail outlet hadn't a clue, he didn't even know panasonic had released new cameras -but he'll get back to me. 1 week later, no call from him.

I've seen the release date of march 15th on panasonics german website so can I assume that (a) it will be released thruout Europe at the same time; (b) panasonic germany are more efficient thantheir colleagues in the rest of Europe? and (c) that panasonic UK (which is also responsible for sales in Ireland)are indeed a bunch of muppets?
digicamak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:54 AM   #46

As you've noted, the release date in Germany is set for mid-March. The US release date is mid-April. dpreview has received an FZ5 for evaluation which is a good sign for a fairly early UK release since dpreview is located in the UK.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote