Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 8, 2005, 6:49 PM   #11

boyzo wrote:
Quote:
Nick you just had to try out the newy straight away don't we all.
Suppose so. Snagged! :lol:

--- the range of the optics with converters still amazes. With the RWA66 the switch on the ceiling fan takes up a few pixels. If I added the C-210 (1.9X), I could close up on it to fill the entire screen.

It simply amazing what you can do with these cameras with added converters - wide, tele, and macro.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:06 PM   #12

Hey Nick was jus thinking, now you have quite a few nice extras for the FZ1v2 yes..... these would work well with the FZ5 ;-)yes.

Not suggesting anything but Fred has ordered one so I value his assesment when he gets it.

The jaggies may well be resolved in final production units
review samples are the first off.

The Pana jp site shows excellent images tho'

Cheers

John

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:16 PM   #13

boyzo wrote:
Quote:
Hey Nick was jus thinking, now you have quite a few nice extras for the FZ1v2 yes..... these would work well with the FZ5 ;-)yes.
Yes! No rush though. Happy atm. Don't have a money tree to spend on new cams every month. Do you realise within the span of a calendar year, Panasonic will have come out with the 3, 4, 5, 15, and 20? Can't drive yourself nuts (and broke) chasing after the latest and greatest. Happy/grateful for what I got. I'll let others test the waters (listening Fred? :G) to see if it's worth it, and wait 'till the price drops, or what else comes out.

My "strategy" was to follow the FZ-1 FAQ that's posted here. Enhance the FZ-1 with converter lenses, by a better flash, after mkt auto assist. Pretty much done on the "acquisition" phase. Now it's time to learn to master this stuff, and have fun!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote