Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:48 PM   #11
ir

I totally agree with the posts about less noise. Seems the engineers have succeeded in giving marketing what they want-- a higher number. I can only guess that any noise reduction will be completely offset by the higher density on the sensor. I wonder if the reduced transistor count design is effective in reducing heat, and hence noise? They claim to have overcome any loss in sensitivity with the smaller pixel. Wouldn't it be great if they used these advances to make a 6MP sensor with no detectable noise up to at least ISO 200, and usable up to ISO 800 or higher? Give me the choice between this sensor and a 9MP (or higher) beast that is status quo for noise, and I'll go with the low noise 6 every time. But of course, our pleas will continue to fall on deaf ears.

ir
ir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 3:48 PM   #12

playlong wrote:
Quote:
BTW I just sold my first ever photo "Orange"
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Tell me more! How great was [i]that[/] feeling?!?!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 3:53 PM   #13

How did you sell it ?

Congrats

I've only given one picture away... to my grandmother. I think she was happy with it..... :roll:
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:27 PM   #14

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
playlong wrote:
Quote:
BTW I just sold my first ever photo "Orange"
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Tell me more! How great was that[/] feeling?!?!
I was shocked. I still cannot believe it. The joke is the person bought an n 8x10 for the default price of $3.95, I never expected to sell anything and did not fix the prices.I just fixed the prices. Maybe this is a sign that all my hard work in photography may pay off some day. Are you aware that I am also designing a new adapter for the FZ 10,15 20 and will be selling them on Ebay by the end of March. Maybe this is a sign that $1,000 plus 8 months of hard work may pay off also.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:59 PM   #15

playlong wrote:
Quote:
I was shocked. I still cannot believe it.* The joke is the person bought an n 8x10 for the default price of $3.95, I never expected to sell anything and did not fix the prices.*I just fixed the prices.* Maybe this is a sign that all my hard work in photography may pay off some day.** Are you aware that I am also designing a new adapter for the FZ 10,15 20 and will be selling them on Ebay by the end of March.* Maybe this is a sign that $1,000 plus 8 months of hard work may pay off also.[/color]
Congratulations, you're now a "professional". How's it feel? Did you sell it on eBay? If one person was willing to buy your work, others will too, you just need more folks to see your work. If you have the wherewithall to start and run a business, you can become a photographer. If you're "retired" consider yourself "retired" from you old job ready to start your new one, the one you really wanted. If you're "older" peeps will think you've been at this for 40 years. :G Good luck!
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:11 PM   #16

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
playlong wrote:
Quote:
I was shocked. I still cannot believe it. The joke is the person bought an n 8x10 for the default price of $3.95, I never expected to sell anything and did not fix the prices.I just fixed the prices. Maybe this is a sign that all my hard work in photography may pay off some day. Are you aware that I am also designing a new adapter for the FZ 10,15 20 and will be selling them on Ebay by the end of March. Maybe this is a sign that $1,000 plus 8 months of hard work may pay off also.
Congratulations, you're now a "professional". How's it feel? Did you sell it on eBay? If one person was willing to buy your work, others will too, you just need more folks to see your work. If you have the wherewithall to start and run a business, you can become a photographer. If you're "retired" consider yourself "retired" from you old job ready to start your new one, the one you really wanted. If you're "older" peeps will think you've been at this for 40 years. :G Good luck!
You are so kind, I have been at this for 57 years. No, I sold it on Smugmug. I took the professional Smugmug account, $100.00 per year, because they protect your pictures from right click save as. It also allows you to add HTML section etc. Along with this category came the ability to price and sell different size images, they process the sale, print and send it to the customer.

Old Feb 10, 2005, 7:19 PM   #17

This new 9 megapixel CCD MUST be destroyed!
Old Feb 10, 2005, 9:12 PM   #18

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
How did you sell it ?

Congrats

I've only given one picture away... to my grandmother. I think she was happy with it..... :roll:
I sold it on Smugmug. I took the professional Smugmug account, $100.00 per year, because they protect your pictures from right click save as. It also allows you to add HTML section etc. Along with this category came the ability to price and sell different size images, they process the sale, print and send it to the customer.

Old Feb 10, 2005, 9:48 PM   #19

playlong,

Does smugmug also put on a watermark on the picture? Unfortunately, the right click does not stop a picture from being copied. A desktop capture of it will save it as a bitmap. AnalogX has such a program that I use to do this very thing. I only do this with pictures I like for my desktop. I like the picture slideshow feature on my desktop.

Congratulations on selling your first picture. I am sure there will be more.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 10:08 PM   #20

Yes, maybe I should do that but they look so bad. Iit takes up the entire frame so you cannot see the picture very well. I am also in the computer business and I used a program called HYjack. You got the picture ok but it is a low level screen capture. Save picture as, has more detail.