Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 10, 2005, 1:18 PM   #11

Hi, chopper(curious login name)/Norma,

Well it is just that my country has less space than it has living beings. Deforestation has brought about hard times for the denizens of the jungle. Not only monkeys, who have been known to associate with people more readily, there have been instances of really wild animals, like leopards, starying into the cities.:?

It is a common sight, perticularly in the small town where I am stationed now, to have cows, donkeys, stray dogs and cats, mongooses,goats, pigs etc, competing for right of way on the roads with people. It also results in some very painful scenes, of animals getting hurt by vehicles and dying silently or otherwise, on the roadside.:sad:

I live in ......, you guessed it....., INDIA. Where the democracy transcends the borders of human race to include animals at equal footing.:G:-)

This bunch of maonkeys is a regular sight at my apartments. They visit once or twice every week or so. Once I noticed a very deisciplined group, numbering about a dozen, lined up on the roof and wathing the children playing in the lawns, as if they were out , in a stadium, wathing an interesting ball game.:G

And speaking of your little monkeys, I also have claim uponmost of the human monkeys, around here, not having my own. They ransack my place pretty regularly. They are good fun to have around when you maintain a semblance of control. Alone they are so soft and lovely, but whenput in a group andwith no control, these little ones can chase you up a tree in a minute's time.(see i also have experience)

Cheers and happy:|to you too.

wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 3:03 PM   #12

Wise thanks so much for very nice response. It is quite about animals being driven out of their habitat-I see it here,Michigan,in the middle of almost nowhere. Went to the big city,about 1200 population-to go to the movies in january-and a poor deer was running up and down the side streets. After running right in front of us she finally was able to make it out of town. Many animals, raccoons and possums and such are not that lucky!! Thats progress for you:?.

The chopper123 comes from my youngest "monkey". I like to scrapbook and cutting your photos and such is called cropping. Well, he insisted it should be chopping so Chopper123 was born.

Keep :|and sharing,

chopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 3:33 PM   #13

I'd like to have monkeys here to.. they are such great subjects. The only thing I have near a monkey is my lil' brother. And he ain't That funny ...

I like your shots more more more

TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 7:20 PM   #14

Thanks guys (and gals), for the encouragement:G:G:G
wise is offline   Reply With Quote