Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 11, 2005, 5:19 PM   #11

i have a silver FZ20. woulda preferred the black - it does look nicer, and actually, i ordered black, but the store sent me a silver one, and after having it for a few days, decided the color didn't really matter in the least.

as for silver reflecting light onto your subject? nah... not likely. you're more likely to get reflections like that from the lens than the color of the camera. the silver is a matte finish, not all that reflective at all, even in bright sunlight.

while the silver finish may be marginally more susceptible to wear because it's not the color of the plastic, i'd venture that on the black models, the white lettering is just as likely to wear off... frankly, i think this concern is overstated. it'd take an AWFUL lot of handling, and some fairly abrasive fingers, to wear the finish off either of these cameras, and by the time that happened, you'd probably be ready to upgrade anyway.

personally, i don't think the difference is worth the price premium you pay for black, especially since the black ones don't take any better pictures!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 5:33 PM   #12

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
personally, i don't think the difference is worth the price premium you pay for black, especially since the black ones don't take any better pictures!

Ditto. And since that don't make it pink, I didn't care what color it was.
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 6:12 PM   #13

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
The black FZ-20's are more expensive not because they are black, it's because they are edible. The "K" stands for kan be eaten.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 6:27 PM   #14

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
The black FZ-20's are more expensive not because they are black, it's because they are edible. The "K" stands for kan be eaten.

and "krunchy"!
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 7:05 PM   #15

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:

No, the black is coming out with a FUBU logo on it.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:59 PM   #16

fmoore,

When I like something, I'm willin to fork over the cash -- however, I also believe in getting a good deal... so I can be a little patient

I really can't wait to start snapping though -- I moved to NYC six months ago and REALLY wanted to get a digital camera sooner (I see something EVERYDAY I wish I could grab a camera and go crazy!)

Thanks for all the help thus far!

smilez03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 9:05 PM   #17

try camedia, or any of your NYC dealers, let them know what accessories you'll also need and MAKE A DEAL! Each day you delay are shots lost. And for some reason they're the ones you'll always remember.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:59 PM   #18

You guys are all great -- it's like having a GIANT group of friends PUSHING you to do something! BUY BUY BUY! I love it!
smilez03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:22 PM   #19

smilez03 wrote:
Quote:
You guys are all great -- it's like having a GIANT group of friends PUSHING you to do something! BUY BUY BUY! I love it!
We're only pushing you to do something you've already decided to do.. Just be sure to post some pictures of the "Gate" so I can see what it is... :-)

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:27 PM   #20

jsiladi wrote:
Quote:
.. Just be sure to post some pictures of the "Gate" so I can see what it is... :-)

Jeff

I'm tempted to drive up there, (will need a fur!)and see it myself. If I thought I could take a picture worth a damn, I drag along the bag of equipment.