Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 16, 2005, 1:31 AM   #21

Hi all,

I got my FZ20 today at Circuit City (price matched for $489

Thanks for everyone's input...

...now excuse me... I have to grab a larger card and go shoot! Oh wait, it's 1:30am... well, tomorrow!

Look for Gates photos this weekend!!!
smilez03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 2:09 AM   #22

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
jsiladi wrote:
Quote:
.. Just be sure to post some pictures of the "Gate" so I can see what it is... :-)

Jeff

I'm tempted to drive up there, (will need a fur!) and see it myself. If I thought I could take a picture worth a darn, I drag along the bag of equipment.
Since this was posted, I've seen what the Gates is/are.. I always enjoy seeing other folks photography so post away. The gates project however, looks like a big orange eyesore on the taxpayer dime to me. Just my opinion, share or disagree with it if you like..
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 8:28 AM   #23

jsiladi wrote:
Quote:

Since this was posted, I've seen what the Gates is/are.. I always enjoy seeing other folks photography so post away. The gates project however, looks like a big orange eyesore on the taxpayer dime to me. Just my opinion, share or disagree with it if you like..

Art is always subjective. But it was all funded by the artists. $21 mil, if I recall and they made a $3 mil donation to the Central Park foundation.Much controversy over an exhibit that last just a short time, a matter of days.

Enjoy the FZ smilez, and do your reading.
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:38 AM   #24

I am going to check around the gates projectto look for graffiti... I think there could be some interesting shots with scribbles on the work....
smilez03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:49 AM   #25

shotgunbride wrote:

Quote:
Art is always subjective. But it was all funded by the artists. $21 mil, if I recall and they made a $3 mil donation to the Central Park foundation. Much controversy over an exhibit that last just a short time, a matter of days.

Enjoy the FZ smilez, and do your reading.
I had read somewhere, likely incorrectly, that the NY taxpayers were funding it somehow. I stand corrected..

Quote:
I am going to check around the gates project to look for graffiti... I think there could be some interesting shots with scribbles on the work....
Already?? Man, they are fast with those spray cans.

Jeff
:G
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote