Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 11, 2005, 9:04 AM   #1

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2005, 11:03 AM   #2

I have seen these great photographs from playlong when he first came on to the scene here.

I have not seen the second one and it is stellar like the other two. This is indeed evidence of making the most out of a great camera coupled with knowledge and expertise in making magic shots like these.

Mahalo,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:14 PM   #3

vIZnquest wrote:

Quote:
I have seen these great photographs from playlong when he first came on to the scene here.

I have not seen the second one and it is stellar like the other two. This is indeed evidence of making the most out of a great camera coupled with knowledge and expertise in making magic shots like these.

Mahalo,

Tom
Quote:
Hi Tom, I am playlong, or should I say have always been LoveLife. I changed my handle to make life a bit easier. I forgot I posted the other two must be my split personality or ole age. Have you seen this one?
Old Feb 11, 2005, 2:13 PM   #4

That was a serious head rush looking at that one. I meant the effect of the shot looking at it was amazing.

As I said before I want to get to that level of shooting.

Is that one available on smugmug?

"By the way I knew you were both playlong and LoveLife. Just my humor again.:blah:
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 2:51 PM   #5

If it is not a big ask will youshare secrets? did you use special lighting? in case of the gymnast and presenter, it must be so I think.:?
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 8:17 PM   #6

wise wrote:
Quote:
If it is not a big ask will youshare secrets? did you use special lighting? in case of the gymnast and presenter, it must be so I think.:?
Hi wise,

I am sorry there was no illumination from my end. I could only take pictures when the performers were still and under a spotlight. It takes a certain discipline to watch 90% of the show and not take any pictures because they will not come out. When you see the suitable lighting opportunity, and you like the view, you nail it. BTW the camera is an FZ10.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 9:45 PM   #7

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
That was a serious head rush looking at that one. I meant the effect of the shot looking at it was amazing.

As I said before I want to get to that level of shooting.

Is that one available on smugmug?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"By the way I knew you were both playlong and LoveLife. Just my humor again.:blah:
This is one of my favorites it seems I am always on the ground looking up. I like to attack my subjects from different angles. It takes practice to see things not as they are, but how I feel about them. I honed my ability over 57 years behind the lens. The funny thing is no one saw my work; it was for my own personal enjoyment. Then I moved in 2000, the moving company "lost" four boxes of my property one containing my life's work. They made good for everything but my work was gone. Now I share my work with the world, so it will always be there. I have placed the web sight in my will for my son I have all his wedding pictures up there in a private galley.

Enough of this. Here is the link to that picture.

http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/.../7703323/Large

While you are there, look around.

Here is another gallery that I love.

The Pond at Wave Hill

http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/247742

Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:03 AM   #8

Lovelife>>aka>>Playlong,etc.etc.

All your shots are nice..very nice...
Your building shot WOW:O
It made me a little dizzy .:? looking up.
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 9:24 AM   #9

Thank you John G.

It is such a thrill getting compliments on my pictures and yours are no exception.