Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 11, 2005, 4:22 PM   #1

I've been reading the forums for about a week now, watching other people's work to try and get some inspiration for my own. I'm pretty new to the photography game, and while i've spent alot of time trying to read anything I can get my hands on, I haven't been able to find a great resource for converting a color photo to black and white. I'm trying to get more of a feel of black and white film, and not the feel of 'Computer Greyscale'.

My current process is that I take a picture, taken on the High Quality setting from a FZ-20 and use Paint Shop Pro 8's Channel Mixer to make a Monochrome Adjustment Layer. The Red, Blue and Green values I adjust up or down until i'm pretty happy with the overall lighting i'm getting, but I still notice my pictures have more of a 'grey' feeling to them.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 11, 2005, 4:28 PM   #2

Does Paint Shop Pro support Photoshop plug-ins? If so, this will solve your problems. Quick-n-easy black and white, for free. http://www.optikvervelabs.com/default.asp
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:32 PM   #3

Thanks alot, I like this plugin much better then playing with the red/blue/green values. I think i'm going to have fun with this one.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:58 PM   #4

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Does Paint Shop Pro support Photoshop plug-ins? If so, this will solve your problems. Quick-n-easy black and white, for free. http://www.optikvervelabs.com/default.asp
Oh my goodness, yes. Quick, easy, good, free (like some ladies I know... ). What more could you ask for?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote