Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 12, 2005, 2:24 AM   #1

tell me what you guys think
Attached Images

indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2005, 2:27 AM   #2

can't tell for sure, but from what i can see, the tree might be a more interesting subject than the little pond pagoda!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:46 PM   #3

hi Indiawala, or rather Hyderabadi,

How could you focus on both things? I tried once a shot of a water bird through the legs of a cow. The distance between the two was about 30 meters. at F/8 I got a clear picture of the bird on which I was focussing but the cow'slegs were blurred.:?
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:01 PM   #4

wise schreef:
Quote:
hi Indiawala, or rather Hyderabadi,

How could you focus on both things? I tried once a shot of a water bird through the legs of a cow. The distance between the two was about 30 meters. at F/8 I got a clear picture of the bird on which I was focussing but the cow'slegs were blurred.:?
Depends on the focal length. You probably shot above 40mm ? This shot is taken at 13mm.

For the photo.. The first thing I saw was this weird shaped tree.. And 3 seconds later.. I saw this thing in the water. So the tree draws much more attention. If you make a picture of something like that... Better to have a nice composition of the subject alone (8x / 12x zoom.. as low as possible.. nice DOF)
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:11 PM   #5

Thanks Tim, nice tip. Yes I shot it at 12X, that must have reduced the DOF. Now I got it.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:20 PM   #6

I like how it's framed but it would probably have been better with a DSLR or 35mm cam where it would be easier to blur the foreground. This fixed lens cams with their small CCD just aren't suited to this sort of thing.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:33 PM   #7

This in my opinion is excellent as it is. It makes one pause to look at it. All of it and part of it. I like that myself. The Pagoda in the center looks like it is peaceful to me and surrounded with strength and beauty.

But what the heck do I know. We all have different subject matter that suits us more than others. For me this makes for a fine desktop picture.

I will say that if you did as Tim suggested the wonderful reflections in this picture would have probably been lost.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 2:07 PM   #8

Thanks everyone for your input. The reason I included the tree was because to me the pagoda by itself was nice but nothing special. The tree had a kinda weird charm to it that I think added to the shot itself.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks everyone for all your input...feedback is addictive. lol

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 2:34 PM   #9

Tim and vIZ are on each side of the "Teeter Todder "
<If> the tree would have been (dark) and by chance having the sunlight hit the house my eye would have gone directly towards that area.
Miliseconds later noticing the various reflections (the wooden bridge,
the trees,the sky).
It's like being at a Theatre and the spot light draws the eye to one part of the stage.
It all depends on what ...you...want us to see first or maybe not at all.

Did you by chance take pictures @ various angles ?
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote