Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 12, 2005, 11:48 AM   #1

Terrible shot, but an amusing sign. I was experimenting with bracketing on my walk today.
Attached Images

shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:33 PM   #2

LOL, that's New Jersey for you...lol

btw..i'm from NJ, so i can say that

funny sign

i think the shot is nice...you included the sign, and the surroundings...i think maybe a bit of the parking lot would be good to show where it was more (although the boats work well in the back like that)

funny stuff

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:30 PM   #3

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:
LOL, that's New Jersey for you...lol
Yes, NJ, the "no fun allowed, we're too uptight state" or how about "we have an ordinance and a fine for everything state". Between property taxes, all those circles, and ordinance, I don't know how people live there.

Last year, at 6:30 a.m. for example, I got kicked off the desolate boardwalk and threatened with a fine for (dom-dom-dom <- dramatic chord) the henous act of "rollerblading"! Mind you, I'm not a kid, was mostly sober, know how to blade (for about 15 years), can stop and everything!

Doesn't deserve all those wonderful beaches. And, yes, having had parents who own a property in the Diamond Beach/Cape May area since '76, I am entitled to say that too.

What do you call folks like us? "Shoobies"?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2005, 7:31 PM   #4

Tell the truth. It wasn't the rollerblading , it was the Speedo. The thought you were Canadian. Canadian, rollerblading, and theSpeedo can add up to nothin' but trouble. So just move along now. And pick up your salt water taffy wrappers.

I got thrown off the OC boardwalk for smoking.Profiled I was. They've seen my kind before.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 8:27 PM   #5

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
I got thrown off the OC boardwalk for smoking.
Never been to OC until a few years ago. Swear I went through a worm-hole, and ended up in 1955. It's so white there, you'll have to set your camera back 3 stops to prevent overexposure. Those folks have no busness being out in the sun. Plus, you gotta drive over that stinkin' bridge for a lousy bottle of wine, so I stocked up since I was spending a week there. Knew I'd be needing it.

... and don't you know only flappers smoke? For shame.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 8:36 PM   #6

Years ago, I lived in OC. The had blue law then. Winter was desolate.Spent my sundays at the Deauville in Strathmere. Had to go over that bridge to get wine and the pickin's are slim in Strathmere, pink or pink. Now the only reason to go to OC is for Mack and Manco's. I sure you know what that is.

And there's a neighborhood called Peck's beach. That were the color is and also a speak-easy, still in existence, and some of the best soul-food I've eaten.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 8:41 PM   #7

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
Now the only reason to go to OC is for Mack and Manco's. I sure you know what that is.
Yes! Why is it that NO other place on the planet can make pizza like that? See? Now you got me jones'n for a slice of Mack's and a Kohr Bros vanilla cone, and there ain't nothin' I can do about it, 'cause it's February. Grrrrrrrrrrr. :evil:
Old Feb 12, 2005, 8:47 PM   #8

They're open in winter and deliver, just not over the bridge. There is not ONE SINGLE PLACE on this island to get even an average pizza. I make my own with Don Pepino sauce. 4th street Cafe for lunch, Mark's cigars for well, cigars. Outside of that, I pay my $1 toll and cross the bridge home.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 8:49 PM   #9

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Mack's and a Kohr Bros vanilla cone

You forgot Johnson's Popcorn. Should have married that empire when I had a chance.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 9:07 PM   #10

...and what's with the OC fixation on donuts? Stinkin' donuts?!? No booze, bad, bad... but let's line up and wait 1/2 hour for an artery clogging, sugar attack. I can see linen' up and waitin' for a slice of Mack's, but donuts?

Joisey is weird, weird. Everything about it is strange, especially OC. Oh, and you can do a nice chunk of europe, including airfare for the cost of a weekly rental. I know what I'm gunna do when pop hands off that nice place he build in the dunes, a block from the beach, back in '76.