Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 13, 2005, 12:14 PM   #1

Here's a link to some photos taken. All are pretty muchROOTC (right out of the camera). Some could benefit from some cropping, some from sharpening, etc. Need to get a good PhotoShop book. All pictures are hand-held, even the Nantahala waterfall pics.

They aren't arranged by subtopic (anyone know a good gallery generator?), but just as a brief synopsis, the first few are from a recent Gin Blossoms concert (no flash used), the bulk are from a recent trip to the zoo, the last bit is from Nantahala, NC, and there's one each from Key West, Sanibel, and one of one of our cats.

The FZ20 is my first non-point-and-shot camera with any real degree of flexibility. The zoo and GB pics were taken with the FZ20. The rest were taken with an Olympus C-50. I'm having much more fun with the FZ20 and there is certainly a lot to learn. I appreciate everybody's assistance and insight on this site. Truly invaluable.

My favorite pic here is the waterfall (P5110570).A few others arethe leaf (P1000535), a very sad gorilla (P1000380), the bengal (P1000270), and the mccaw (P1000287 ).

Thanks all.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/d/mdtritt/

mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2005, 1:11 PM   #2

The bengal is great (270) - very regal pose from the tiger and the designs on the slab accentuate that. The sad monkey (385) also is wonderful - so much expression! Also like (605) the whatchamacallit, if perhaps those twigs in front of it can be cloned out . . ? Overall, they're smashing!
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 1:26 PM   #3

Hey a couple of really good shots there. I loved the lone leaf, bengal tiger, and a couple others. IMHO the bird shots...where you have a part of them cut off...kinda bothers me. Maybe they would have been better if you included their whole beak or their legs as opposed to having them cut out of the pic.

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2005, 2:19 PM   #4

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
Hey a couple of really good shots there. I loved the lone leaf, bengal tiger, and a couple others. IMHO the bird shots...where you have a part of them cut off...kinda bothers me. Maybe they would have been better if you included their whole beak or their legs as opposed to having them cut out of the pic.

seth
I thinkyou're referring to the pelicans. I was trying to focus in more on the bird's face than on the length of his beak. If I get the entire beak in the picture, the beak becomes the focus as it's the largest object in the frame. Exclude part of the beak and you can focus on his eye, for example. Just an explanation of why it was done that way.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 8:23 AM   #5

suze wrote:
Quote:
The bengal is great (270) - very regal pose from the tiger and the designs on the slab accentuate that. The sad monkey (385) also is wonderful - so much expression! Also like (605) the whatchamacallit, if perhaps those twigs in front of it can be cloned out . . ? Overall, they're smashing!
The whatchamacallit is an Okapi - a relative of the giraffe. Good suggestion about cloning the twigs out. I'll see what I can do about that. Thanks for looking!