Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 13, 2005, 9:20 PM   #1

I was looking for a simple editing program and noticed that many of you seem to like the Picasa 2 software. I downloaded it but still have a few questions.

After I crop, take out redeye etc. howshould I save my photos? Should I export them to the export folder? My goal is to do the edits at home them burn the new photos to a cd and take the cd to have prints made.

Can someone tell me the best way to accomplish this.

Thank you for your help.
stonehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2005, 10:17 PM   #2

you can click on 'save a copy', and it will save the processed photo in whatever directory it was in to begin with, with a "1" added to the picture filename. once you've processed and saved the pics, you can then select the ones you want to burn on your CD for printing.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:20 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply. What about if I edit without saving. Looks like my edits will over ride the origional but I would be able to undue the changesat any time. If I burn these to a cd would I have my processed photos ready to take down for prints?

Would it be better to save the photo afterI do my edits and then undue the changes made to the origional photos. Seems like extra steps that I may not need?
stonehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 8:59 PM   #4

i haven't tried editing without saving, but when you save a copy, it's a new file, you don't overwrite the original.i don't think it offers you the option of burning the pic straight to a CD., but you can save the edited shots, then burn those to a CD without changing the originals. The edited pics can be identified by a "1" added to the filename in your photo folder.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote