Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 14, 2005, 11:25 AM   #21

The girlies are much cheesier! And girlies on the prowl are viscous. My experience has been that it's the less-feminine that seem to invade my real estate at the bar. I learned to wear the large cocktail diamond, left handed, but that doesn't always fend them off. They'll admire it and keep trying.

blonde. Jane Blonde.

Your 'Nightmare' topic has taken on a life of it's own.

shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 4:38 PM   #22

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
The girlies are much cheesier! And girlies on the prowl are viscous. My experience has been that it's the less-feminine that seem to invade my real estate at the bar. I learned to wear the large cocktail diamond, left handed, but that doesn't always fend them off. They'll admire it and keep trying.

blonde. Jane Blonde.

Your 'Nightmare' topic has taken on a life of it's own.
Uhhhh... maybe you should try hanging out at straight bars once in a while. Quick funny story. When I turned 21, a friend of mine and I went to Dobbs on South Street because they carded EVERONE who walked through the door, old men with canes, everyone...

We went mid-afternoon, by early evening we noticed lots of women filing in, so we thought we might hang there for a while. By 9-10 p.m. they outnumbered the guys like 4 to 1. Were thinkin', "Wow this place is great!" Even dopes like us might score here, sure thing! One of them is bound to get drunk enough not to care. :G Then the band, "The Girlfriends" came on - all chicks. BRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr (<- power chord), now it's 11PM. They break into their original, Guys Suck and are Scum!* (or some such). Right about then, my little peanut brain (drunk peanut) finally put 2-n-2 together. I told my friend, let's go. Why?!?! This place is packed with girls! ... sometimes I wish I was Moe Howard, and could get away with delivering a SLAP to those who desperately need one.

*I recall from this experience that bands consisting of white heterosexual males don't have the market cornered on bad local rock.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 4:49 PM   #23

LOL! Wow, and you think your pick up lines don't work in straight bars...

I go out occasionally with my buddy to his bars. I get plenty of attention there. I think it's because they want to meet him, but I can't pay for a drink if I try and the conversation is always amusing. And nobody hits on me there! Didn't know about Dobbs but we've been to Woody's (what a name, huh?).

Hey, what a V-day it's been. I just won a PINK IPOD from Lancome! Cool.

Hope you had enough sense to come home with flowers today.

Old Feb 14, 2005, 5:01 PM   #24

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
Hope you had enough sense to come home with flowers today.
Yes, sleeping on the sofa is very rough on one's lower lumbar, I can tell you from experience. Congrats on the I-Pod, and happy Valentine's day.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 6:44 PM   #25

Why thanks sweetie! What a V-day this has been. What suckers we are for flowers, huh. If it keeps you off the sofa!