Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 14, 2005, 2:20 PM   #1

I just purchased a FZ20 today and am starting to look down the road at macro & telephoto lenses. I see mentioned throughout the forum that people are using about everything under the sun with various adapters, etc..:shock:I was at bugeyedigital and see that they carry Raynox, RT5264P adapter and DCR1540Pro teleconverter, along with a DCR600 WA conv.. Are these a quality product? I have only read one report of a person using the DCR600 and the pics looked great. I would like to buy the same brand of all three items (adapter, macro, and teleconv.) if possible. Your thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks, Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2005, 4:14 PM   #2

I can't speak to the specific Raynox lenses you are referencing but Ranox converter lenses are genrally considered a good value. I use the DCR 250 macro, and it's very well-made. I also use the Raynox DCR 6600 WA converter; it's well made and about as wide as you'll find shy of a fisheye, It's sharp corner to corner at its widest, however its zoom through capability lacks as edges get soft the more you zoom in. Up to you if that matters.

I digress, but I think that folks get put off by barrel distortion, so all makers of WA converters correct this optically at the expense of edge softness. However, barrel distortion is easy to correct in post.

Bottom line. I like the two Raynox lenses I have. They tend to push the specs a tad, are well made, and a good value. Your mileage may vary.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 9:14 PM   #3

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
I can't speak to the specific Raynox lenses you are referencing but Ranox converter lenses are genrally considered a good value. I use the DCR 250 macro, and it's very well-made. I also use the Raynox DCR 6600 WA converter; it's well made and about as wide as you'll find shy of a fisheye, It's sharp corner to corner at its widest, however its zoom through capability lacks as edges get soft the more you zoom in. Up to you if that matters.

I digress, but I think that folks get put off by barrel distortion, so all makers of WA converters correct this optically at the expense of edge softness. However, barrel distortion is easy to correct in post.

Bottom line. I like the two Raynox lenses I have. They tend to push the specs a tad, are well made, and a good value. Your mileage may vary.

Nick, thanks for your thoughts on the Raynox lenses. Anyone out there using any of their tele converters? Thanks, Gerry
Old Feb 15, 2005, 9:50 AM   #4

ggw2000 wrote:
Quote:
NickTrop wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Nick, thanks for your thoughts on the Raynox lenses. Anyone out there using any of their tele converters? Thanks, Gerry
Quote:
Nobody is using a Raynox teleconverter? Guess that's a good one to stay away from!

Gerry
Old Feb 15, 2005, 10:22 AM   #5

See http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...essage=7156646
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:06 AM   #6

try the search function on the forum / google.

This question has been ask more often. You will find some results if you search for raynox 2020
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote