Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 15, 2005, 3:39 PM   #11

nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 4:35 PM   #12
ejm

Not trying to hijack this thread, but wouldn't a protective case be a good idea! It is something that I worry about.

Ras2a - enjoy. I have never regretted getting this camera. It opens a new world for someone like myself who has been away from photography for years.

Regards

EJM
ejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 4:52 PM   #13

ejm wrote:
Quote:
Not trying to hijack this thread, but wouldn't a protective case be a good idea! It is something that I worry about.
Well, I've already ordered a Tamrac bag (5201) - So that should be sufficient, no?
ras2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 5:57 AM   #14

I think so Craig. I'm not sure if that's what ejm meant, or if he was thinking a leather camera case with a flip down front covering the lens (like I used to have with an old Nikon). I don't think you can get those anymore . .
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 9:11 AM   #15

suze wrote:
Quote:
I think so Craig. I'm not sure if that's what ejm meant, or if he was thinking a leather camera case with a flip down front covering the lens (like I used to have with an old Nikon). I don't think you can get those anymore . .
Nice one suze! The camera should be here by tomorrow. Just tracking it via DHL! - WooHoo
Old Feb 17, 2005, 2:00 PM   #16
ejm

I was thinking of something similar to the old leather case. Just so I don't get any nicks and scratches. I worry about this when using the neck strap but especially for putting it in my golf bag etc.

(I could be a dinasaur):?

Regards

EJM

ejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 5:01 PM   #17

I also have just bought the FZ20 (Black) yesterday and got a price match at Jessops for £329.

They didnt even phone up the other company to check the price off the web page I printed.

Wish I'd made it even cheaper now !
mike01772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:15 PM   #18

Nice one Mike, I've not had chance to check mine out yet (too busy). However I charged the battery up! That's a question for ya...I bought some spare batteries but on first charging them, the green light only stayed lit for around 10 seconds or so...does this mean that they were already charged when bought? Is that unusual

Craig