Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 15, 2005, 10:18 AM   #1

Finally plonked down the dosh for a Black FZ20. Bought frmo www.pixmania.co.uk Not the 'very' cheapest available, but they offer 2yrs warranty on theirs which I figure is better for peace of mind! Also found a promo code on kelkoo for 7 quid off. Cost £358 all told (incl VAT/Delivery). I've also ordered 2 spare batts (£18 ebay), a 512MB Sandisk Ultra II card (£39 ebay), Tamrac 5201 (£20 Amazon) and some screen protectors for the LCD. I'm gonna be getting the lens adapter for the UV filters and stuff in the next few days too. Should be good to go. Only bad thing is that all Pixmania cameras come with French manuals (software is english)...has something to do with the fact that their warehouse is located there. Anyroad I've already downloaded the english version and can easily print out and bind at work! Anything that I should do when I get my camera...special caveats etc?

Craig
ras2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:25 AM   #2

Ras2a - if you're at all like me, you are gonna need to get alens cap with a cord. The one that comes with the camera does not have a cord on it and I lost mine the first day out (managed to find it again but only after backtracking back and forth once or twice in the woods ). You can probably order one where you get the adapter - I bought a Phayee adapter and a corded lens cap along with it.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 12:15 PM   #3

Wow mate, seems you've got big plans :G

Have a lot of fun with your new FZ. What you should when you get the cam? Charge the battery, and go shooting :idea::G

Cheerio! GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 1:27 PM   #4

Ok cheers guys, will get the adapater ordered and of course the lens cap. Oh that's a thing, which size lens cap will I need?

Cheers

Craig
Old Feb 15, 2005, 1:43 PM   #5

well, I just use two sections of the Phayee adapter, giving me a 62mm thread. I can then use 62mm filters and don't need any step rings for WCON-08 WA or TCON-14B tele. OOPS - more to the subject, I use a 62mm lens cap.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 1:44 PM   #6

Get a 62 mm and a 72mm. I got two of each since they're cheap and it was easier to get them now in case I lose or break one in the future. Good luck.:arrow:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 1:53 PM   #7

Tripod! Tripod! For the MMP ( Mandatary Moon Picture):|
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:53 PM   #8

Yeah, ok thanks guys. Think I will get one of each, I mean it's only a few quid to fork out and as you say, worth it! Also I've not got a tripod yet as you suggested. Anyone recommend a decent (reasonably priced) one? Also one that's as compact as possible - don't want to be carrying around a behemoth! . Finally, which UV filter can you guys recommend - again, reasonable cost?

thanks again for all your help peeps

Craig
Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:57 PM   #9

This is a compact unit.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=272498&is=REG

This is a good filter.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...u=23732&is=REG
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 3:35 PM   #10

superb - thanks nooner