Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 15, 2005, 10:49 AM   #1

i realize that answers to this question will be purely speculative but do you guys think i'll be able to get a "steal" on an fz3 this summer after the fz4 and 5 come out? i'm going to italy this summer and i really don't need the camera until then (my little dimage X will suffice for now). i'm pretty set on the fz3 since i'm more concerned with optical zoom and IS than MP. just curious what past experiences in situations like this have been. how much do last year's models usually go down when the latest and greatest are released?
thanks,
luke
luke1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:29 AM   #2

Here in Germany the FZ3increased in price by nearly 40 € (about 50 $)at the end of January. I think this is due to delivery problems. I don't know if thereis the same problem in other countries, but if so, I wouldn't buy it at present.
Stoney79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 5:30 PM   #3

Hi

Here in the USA, I bought my FZ3 from circuitcity
after rebate for $289 US dollars, in mid December.

ddr48
ddr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 10:11 PM   #4

luke1011 wrote:
Quote:
i realize that answers to this question will be purely speculative but do you guys think i'll be able to get a "steal" on an fz3 this summer after the fz4 and 5 come out? i'm going to italy this summer and i really don't need the camera until then (my little dimage X will suffice for now). i'm pretty set on the fz3 since i'm more concerned with optical zoom and IS than MP. just curious what past experiences in situations like this have been. how much do last year's models usually go down when the latest and greatest are released?
thanks,
luke
Recently saw a starting bid on the FZ1 for $170 in eBay if you're cash strapped and don't mind last year's model. Same seller had 4. I'm staring at a gorgeous 8X10 from that little gem right now.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:50 AM   #5
St

I got my FZ-3 in the UK a couple of weeks ago from a high-street photographic shop (Phot Optix) when I sam them selling them at £150 off - Down to £199 from £350 !

The FZ-4 and FZ-5 announcemnts came the following week.

I already had (have) an FZ-2 and was not planning on upgrading it; But an FZ-3 for such a low price was iresistable. Best features of FZ-3 over the FZ-2 are the Live Histogram, much bigger EVF display, full manual controls and noticably lighter weight.
St is offline   Reply With Quote