Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:15 PM   #11

guys all that you need is a good setup if there is not any thing wrong with the camera then any 1 can get clean sharp shots trust me just follow a few basic rules..

and a lot of this :| :| :|
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:43 PM   #12

IMHOP...what i do is a take the shot using the evf.. then i review the picture. i blow it up to 16x in the lcd finder if it's sharp at 16x then you've got a keeper
Attached Images

jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 12:01 AM   #13

Trus, one of the things I've done is to get it away from the 9 point auto-focus. I use auto-spot focus most of the time. I'll focus on the spot I want to be in focus, half press the shutter button to lock it in and the re-frame the shot. I found that it works pretty well. Hope that helps.
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 12:04 AM   #14

I did some shots this afternoon and i thought this one was about as focus as i was going to be
i'm using auto focus..but sometimes you have to careful using the auto focus anything in front of the subject will throw the focus off..as you can see the plants in front of the starling..
Attached Images

jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 1:38 AM   #15

trus wrote:
Quote:
I wear glasses too and perhaps it's more difficult for us to focusing well (I'm not sure of this). I hope this little problem disappear taking a lot of pictures. Thanks for reply..
I also wear glasses and developed this solution.

I remove my glasses and set the camera EVF's focus to match my old eyes.

I bought one of those eyeglass strings that have rubber ends the go around the stems.

I used the ends, removed the string, replaced it with a black elastic cord 1 mm diameter, and shortened the overall length. So when I toss them, yes when I toss them for a quick picture they wind up high on my chest and out of the way. I took an old 35mm canister and keep the lanyard in there when not used. I do not care what it looks like; when I am taking pictures, it is strictly business.

Hope this helps.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 3:03 AM   #16

Thanks guys. There's lots of useful information there. I'll keep working on it. Cheers

John
js63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 5:39 PM   #17

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
guys all that you need is a good setup if there is not any thing wrong with the camera then any 1 can get clean sharp shots trust me just follow a few basic rules..

and a lot of this :| :| :|
VanCote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:30 PM   #18

LoveLife, could you elaborate a bit? It sounds to me like you've figured out a way to deal with glasses without them getting in the way of the camera, but I'm not sure I understand. I need to do something, I almost lost my prescription sunglasses in the botanical gardens last weekend. I stuck them on top of my head, and they fell off. Good thing I found them!
strevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2005, 11:27 PM   #19

strevor wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife, could you elaborate a bit? It sounds to me like you've figured out a way to deal with glasses without them getting in the way of the camera, but I'm not sure I understand. I need to do something, I almost lost my prescription sunglasses in the botanical gardens last weekend. I stuck them on top of my head, and they fell off. Good thing I found them!
I bought one of those eyeglass strings that have rubber ends the go around the stems.

I used the ends, removed the string, replaced it with a black elastic cord 1 mm diameter, and shortened the overall length. So when I toss them, yes when I toss them for a quick picture they wind up high on my chest and out of the way. I took an old 35mm canister and keep the lanyard in there when not used. I do not care what it looks like; when I am taking pictures, it is strictly business.

Hope this helps.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 12:03 AM   #20

jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
I did some shots this afternoon and i thought this one was about as focus as i was going to be
i'm using auto focus..but sometimes you have to careful using the auto focus anything in front of the subject will throw the focus off..as you can see the plants in front of the starling..
BTW, nice shot of the flower Jazz. Who gives a stuff about starlings?javascript:emoticon('',%20'images/emoticons/wink.gif')
js63 is offline   Reply With Quote