Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 16, 2005, 9:58 PM   #1

I was in work today, not working but being paid none-the-less, surfing photography blogs on the net. In a long rambley post somewhere, someone said that using a macro lens with a teleconverter attached yeilds some very interesting results. Sharp subject focus + blurred "unusual/interesting" bokeh.

I have the Raynox DCR 250 macro lens, alas no from threads. If anyone out there has a macro lens and a means to attach a teleconverter, it might be an interesting experiment.

Just thought I might throw it out there.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:12 PM   #2

The dcr250 has 49mm front threads. With a 49-52 step ring you can mount the c210 on it. The results are not very exciting, however. It does allow you to focus back a little further. See http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...cr250+%2B+c210 for the fz1 + dcr250 + c210 + tcon17.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:19 PM   #3

well iam left out ...i have a macro but no telle
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:32 PM   #4

I will do one better, I willl stack the Nikon 6T, raynox dcr-250 and my new 50mm reversed! I think I have a problem, I can no longer live in the real world, I want to live with the cells and pollen grains!
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:40 PM   #5

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
The dcr250 has 49mm front threads.* With a 49-52 step ring you can mount the c210 on it.* The results are not very exciting, however.* It does allow you to focus back a little further.* See http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...cr250+%2B+c210* for the fz1 + dcr250 + c210 + tcon17.
Doh! So it does (250/front threads...), never noticed. I'll check out that link. Thanks, Fred.

treemonkey... :lol: Sometimes I think I would prefer to live in the beautiful world of pictures too.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:51 PM   #6

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
well iam left out ...i have a macro but no telle
You know, I'm liken' the Canon Fred mentioned. Looks like a nice quality alternative to Panasonic's teleconverter at a fraction of the cost.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 8:00 AM   #7

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
You know, I'm liken' the Canon Fred mentioned. Looks like a nice quality alternative to Panasonic's teleconverter at a fraction of the cost.
Fraction of the size as well. You can stick the tl55 in a jacket pocket and there is certainly no need for a brace and tripod.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:56 PM   #8

Nick,

Fred actually did a quick example of this for me a little while back during a discussion about the Raynox macro lenses.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ghlight=bmccoy

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 7:20 PM   #9

Since I have a 6t Nikon and my TCON 14b just arrived today I thought I would give it a go. I tried the TCON 14b + 6t, just the 6t, and the built in macro mode. All shots were handheld, of the same tired flowers on the kitchen table. All shots used the built in flash without any attempt to bounce the flash.

#1 - TCON 14b + Nikon 6t

Attached Images

pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 7:23 PM   #10

#2 - Nikon 6t

Attached Images

pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote