Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:14 PM   #1

Just got this last night, the Pemaraal PA62H (with hood), Kenko UV filter, and tethered 62mm cap (thank God, I may not lose it!)

The adapter and filter installed

The outer shell screws off, reverses and threds back on as a hood.

kenko filter

The whole shebang

the only thing I don't like so far is the cap won't go on with the hood in place because the string is attached on the outer edge. I either need to remove the hood (which is easy enough) or move the location of the string (cut the ring off and reglue it to the middle of the cap). Please forgive the watermarks, not meant as pimping anything, I had already put them on there for an article I'm working on and there they are. :?
eddie_dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:09 PM   #2

That thing you call a hood will make a nice napkin ring. Now go out and but a Hama collapsible rubber hood. The only thing correct in your purchase is the adapter.

You should do more research.

http://www.vanwalree.com/optics/lenshood.html

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Canon-Lenses/Lens-Hoods.aspx

http://photography.about.com/od/basics/a/bplenshoods.htm

http://www.thenocturnes.com/nighttalk/messages/512.html

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 12:11 PM   #3

Should he but or buy a hood?:blah: I take it you don't like the hood that came with the adapter or are you just in a bad mood? I have not tried it or seen a post on it. I have a phayee on the way. It has a simular "hood". What's your take on it?
bblick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 1:15 PM   #4

bblick65 wrote:
Quote:
Should he but or buy a hood?:blah: I take it you don't like the hood that came with the adapter or are you just in a bad mood? I have not tried it or seen a post on it. I have a phayee on the way. It has a simular "hood". What's your take on it?
If the truth were known, no one makes a proper hood for the FZ series. The best hoods are Hama and Hoya collapsible rubber. The Hoya has one drawback it will not take a lens cap. These two hoods cover the zoom range up to 250mm. I bought every model from both companies for project research.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:18 PM   #5

I can still add a rubber lens hood on this adapter, but you should know that since you are so knowledgable. I plan to pick up a hoya hood, I'm just trying things and sharing what I have found.
eddie_dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:22 PM   #6

Watch out for the Hoya it is a great hood but does not accept a lens cap.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:19 AM   #7

When my phayee gets here, I'm getting a hood. Should I get one that fits the 62mm adapter or the 72mm section?
bblick65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 10:35 AM   #8

Eddie

I've got the PA62 for my FZ10 both the Hama and Hoya Hoods are good - I picked up a 62 mm Hama Hood for the FZ10 in addition to having a Nikon HN 22. With the Hama you can fit a lens cap to it without any problems.

Plus you can also chew on the Hama if your feeling hungry and have nothing else to eat!

Harj

:?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote