Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:23 PM   #11

TimvdVelde wrote:
Quote:
Yeah I know.. But in holland.. a new polarizer linear costs 30 euros (about 40 dollars). And I had a bargain from ebay circ. polarizer for 15 dollar
New circ. polarizer costs 60 dollar here.. so If I had bought a new one it would have been a linear

ok now ? :G

You cannot make a wise decision without all the information.

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:57 PM   #12

LoveLife: would this be the kind of filter I should purchase then? Yes oddly enough it's from your ebay auction lol

HOYA 58mm Coated Linear Polarizer
StarryMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:26 PM   #13

StarryMom wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife: would this be the kind of filter I should purchase then? Yes oddly enough it's from your ebay auction lol

HOYA 58mm Coated Linear Polarizer
That is up to you. I never tout my products on any forum. However, I sell what my research indicates appropriate for the specific camera. I will, be selling a new adapter, tripod support plate, new lens cap, and new hood design. I am not trying to hide anything. I use LoveLife on my Photo gallery, and forums. :idea:
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:33 PM   #14

Starrymom.......That is a 58mm filter. Do you know what size you need? I don't know if you have an aftermarket adapter or are using the stock unit.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:34 PM   #15

lol well go you!!

Is there a site anywhere that explains the mm's? like 58, 62, so on and so forth, all the explanations I find just confuse me more.

I just want people to say this is exactly what I use on the fz20 so I KNOW it will work properly.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:39 PM   #16

Hi nooner, actually no, I have NO clue on what size to get, I contacted the perky ebay guy for the Phayee adapater but one side of me... well most of me lol, is very impatient which it comes to purchasing items. So I am still debating on that. Is there another adapater that is still as well loved but more easily atainable?
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:47 PM   #17

Here's one more option.
http://www.b-300.com/fz10ac.html

Have a look at this also. Good luck
http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/ Look at the FZ-10 section it's the same as the FZ-20 If you use the FZ-20 stock unit it's 72mm
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:20 PM   #18

Here's what I'd do. Get the raynox rt5264p aluminum tube adapter. The 64 is the 64mm thread daimter that attaches to the camera. The 52 is the 52mm threads that accept filter and other add-ons. The rt5264p is available alone ($16) or in a set with a polarizer lens and a uv filter and a lens cap ($50). Go to bugeyedigital.com.

The nikon 4t macro lens is an excellent 52mm +3 diopter dual element macro lens for $37 at B&HPhoto.

If you want to step out in the other direction, consider the 52mm Olympus c210 1.9x teleconverter for a mere $40 at olympus emporium special products. It wiil do a very nice job ofalmost doubling the zoom of the fz20.

-Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote