Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 19, 2005, 5:21 PM   #11

thanks. #4, the long shadows.
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 5:38 PM   #12

Nice shots... Ya know, I like art. I like abstract art. But thumbs down on this one. Sorry, can't get into it. Seems more like a PR stunt for the artists and NYC.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 5:43 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Very nice pics,

4, 6, 7 get double thumbs up. One for the art and one for the photos. :-)

If I may make a suggestion.. I love #7 but I think it has a little more impact if cropped.
Attached Images

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 5:48 PM   #14

As I said, I was not referring to your photography just the subject. I appreciate your taking the time to go out take the photos and show them to us. I used to work for a highway department so I may have been brainwashed when it comes to orange. You could probably make some $$ selling them to tourist. If I were a tourist there and not sitting on the other side of the US a good street vendor could probably sell even me one.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:14 PM   #15

peripatetic, great point! That does look much better cropped! THANKS!!!!
smilez03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:22 PM   #16

Quote:
As I said, I was not referring to your photography just the subject. I appreciate your taking the time to go out take the photos and show them to us.
Haha... I completely understood... this project isn't everyone's cup of tea. Like I said, I'm still not sure what to think, I've gone back and forth. When I first read about it, I was intrigued. After it started going up, I though it looked ridiculous and out of place. When I started seeing other's photos, I was less impressed with the subject. But... after walking through it myself (And a good part I might add... I went from 59th street and zigzagged up past 96th st) I am impressed with the scale of the work.I think one angle almost everyone can agree on with it -- it definitely says "dream big."
Quote:
I used to work for a highway department so I may have been brainwashed when it comes to orange.
lol! I think most people would agree though -- orange usually means danger!

Quote:
You could probably make some $$ selling them to tourist. If I were a tourist there and not sitting on the other side of the US a good street vendor could probably sell even me one.
Thanks! I've just seen whattouristswill spend money (and decent amounts of money) for on the street.I don't believe in any way that my stuff isgallery quality, but a little 5x7 or 4x6 in a plain black frame would be a decent little momento of visiting the "event."-- If i didn't live here (which I haven't for most of my life!)and saw a local artist sellinga cool photoat a reasonable price on my vacation, I"d probably buy something from him
smilez03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:44 PM   #17

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Seems more like a PR stunt for the artists and NYC.
Said like a true Philadelphian. Yo! This is a blue color town and we aim to keep it that way.

[align=center]Balls Gate[/align]

[align=center][/align]
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:52 PM   #18

lol!
Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:06 PM   #19

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Seems more like a PR stunt for the artists and NYC.
Said like a true Philadelphian.* Yo!*
:lol: X 10! Yo, Fred! You blew my cover man. I'm supposed to be from "the isle of malta". (You won't believe the PMs I get from folks who think I'm from tIoM. ... almost hate to break it to them.)
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:19 PM   #20

Isle of malt - liqua